Media Wiki as a Document management Solution.

Media Wiki as a Document management Solution.

Walter Welle
Anyone have any success with using Wiki as a document management
repository?

Thanks,

Walter

Re: Media Wiki as a Document management Solution.

James Mohr-3
Hi Walter!

Seems like this one has been sitting here for a while....

Unfortunately, the term "document management repository" is not very specific
as different people use it in different way. (kinda like "knowledge base").
Perphaps you could give us some details about what you would like to do and
what you need to do.

We have a contractual obligation to provide "datacenter handbooks" to several
customers. Currently, we do them in MS-Word and create PDFs, which we send
via email. We are working toward moving the data into the wiki and then
pulling out specific articles for each customer. Our plan is to create a list
of the pages in order that go into each handbook, pull them out of the wiki
and then create the PDF.

regards,

jimmo