MediaWiki 1.30.0-wmf.12 deployment is blocked

MediaWiki 1.30.0-wmf.12 deployment is blocked

Mukunda Modell
Due to today's train deployment more than doubling the error rate seen in
fatalmonitor[1], I have rolled-back group 1 wikis to wmf.11. I've submitted
an UBN task T172320 [2] detailing the error, which appears to be fallout
from issues in Wikibase first noticed two weeks ago.

I expect that this will be easily resolved once someone familiar with the
issue has had a chance to look into it and the train should be back on
track in time for tomorrow's deployment.

1. https://logstash.wikimedia.org/goto/5acde54fdb7b071b5723607c9f57eb9c
2. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T172320

Re: [Engineering] MediaWiki 1.30.0-wmf.12 deployment is blocked

Greg Grossmeier-2
On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 1:33 PM, Mukunda Modell <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Due to today's train deployment more than doubling the error rate seen in
> fatalmonitor[1], I have rolled-back group 1 wikis to wmf.11. I've submitted
> an UBN task T172320 [2] detailing the error, which appears to be fallout
> from issues in Wikibase first noticed two weeks ago.

To answer questions regarding what issues will hold back the train and
what Release Engineering will do after we've made the decision to hold
the train see: https://wikitech.wikimedia.org/wiki/Deployments/Holding_the_train

Greg

--
Greg Grossmeier
Release Team Manager

Re: MediaWiki 1.30.0-wmf.12 deployment is blocked

Mukunda Modell
I've gone forward with 1.30.0-wmf.12 on all wikis except for Wikidata due
to the ongoing issues mentioned previously. Wikidatawiki remains at
1.30.0-wmf.11 (with wikidata extension at wmf.10)

On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Mukunda Modell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Due to today's train deployment more than doubling the error rate seen in
> fatalmonitor[1], I have rolled-back group 1 wikis to wmf.11. I've submitted
> an UBN task T172320 [2] detailing the error, which appears to be fallout
> from issues in Wikibase first noticed two weeks ago.
>
> I expect that this will be easily resolved once someone familiar with the
> issue has had a chance to look into it and the train should be back on
> track in time for tomorrow's deployment.
>
> 1. https://logstash.wikimedia.org/goto/5acde54fdb7b071b5723607c9f57eb9c
> 2. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T172320

Re: MediaWiki 1.30.0-wmf.12 deployment is blocked

zppix e
Will this  hold up wmf.13, or the train for .13 until all wikis are on .12?

Thanks,
Zppix
Volunteer Developer for WMF
www.enwp.org/User:Zppix

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 3:32 PM, Mukunda Modell <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I've gone forward with 1.30.0-wmf.12 on all wikis except for Wikidata due
> to the ongoing issues mentioned previously. Wikidatawiki remains at
> 1.30.0-wmf.11 (with wikidata extension at wmf.10)
>
> On Wed, Aug 2, 2017 at 3:33 PM, Mukunda Modell <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Due to today's train deployment more than doubling the error rate seen in
> > fatalmonitor[1], I have rolled-back group 1 wikis to wmf.11. I've
> submitted
> > an UBN task T172320 [2] detailing the error, which appears to be fallout
> > from issues in Wikibase first noticed two weeks ago.
> >
> > I expect that this will be easily resolved once someone familiar with the
> > issue has had a chance to look into it and the train should be back on
> > track in time for tomorrow's deployment.
> >
> > 1. https://logstash.wikimedia.org/goto/5acde54fdb7b071b5723607c9f57eb9c
> > 2. https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T172320

Re: MediaWiki 1.30.0-wmf.12 deployment is blocked

Mukunda Modell
No, we will start fresh next week with wmf.13.