MediaWiki API action=submit

Benjamin Lauziere
Hello,

I was wondering if the API support posting / editing wiki article. I am using the SVN trunk version of MediaWiki (from 08/23/07) and when I try a request like this I get this error:

error code="unknown_action" info="Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'

The request:

api.php?title=Bookmarks&revid=15&summary=A+summary&content=Blah%21%21&edittoken=%2B%5C&action=submit

Thanks,

Ben

Re: MediaWiki API action=submit

Daniel Cannon

Re: MediaWiki API action=submit

Bryan Tong Minh
On 8/23/07, Benjamin Lauziere <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was wondering if the API support posting / editing wiki article. I am
> using the SVN trunk version of MediaWiki (from 08/23/07) and when I try a
> request like this I get this error:
>
> error code="unknown_action" info="Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'
>
> The request:
>
> api.php?title=Bookmarks&revid=15&summary=A+summary&content=Blah%21%21&edittoken=%2B%5C&action=submit
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben

It's being worked on. See
<http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Talk:API:Changing_wiki_content> and
<http://svn.wikimedia.org/viewvc/mediawiki/branches/apiedit/phase3/>.

Re: MediaWiki API action=submit

Platonides
Daniel Cannon wrote:

> Benjamin Lauziere wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I was wondering if the API support posting / editing wiki article. I am
>
> No, it does not. We are working on it though :)
>
>> using the SVN trunk version of MediaWiki (from 08/23/07) and when I try
>> a request like this I get this error:
>>
>> error code="unknown_action" info="Unrecognised value for parameter 'action'
>>
>> The request:
>>
>> api.php?title=Bookmarks&revid=15&summary=A+summary&content=Blah%21%21&edittoken=%2B%5C&action=submit
>
> Yes, I'm not familiar with any such parameters .. thus the error. For
> the time being, you need to submit pages using &action=edit (through the
> standard interface).

You need action=submit, and use POST method to index.php
action=submit&title=Bookmarks&wpSummary=A+summary&wpTextbox1=Blah%21%21&edittoken=%2B%5C&action=submit&wpSave=Save&wpStarttime=20080000000000&wpEdittime=LAST_TIME_IT_WAS_EDITED&wpEditToken=a565665853

However, i recommend you using multipart/form-data instead of
application/x-www-form-urlencoded when you're sending large chunks of text.

MediaWiki API action=submit

rfrisar
[Mediawiki-api] MediaWiki API action=submit

Hi Benjamin, all,

I'm Raquel and work for Vodafone R&D.  We are right now implementing the action=submit, indeed now "edit"   We have a functional version but improvements are needed  We think it will be ready by end of this month.

We are also implementing two new actions: uploads (now just for images), and regUser to create user accounts.

As soon as we get access MediaWiki SVN, we'll create a new branch where you could see how it's going!

Raquel

Raquel Frisa

R&D Engineer

Vodafone Group Research & Development .ES

Tel: + 34 (607) 137-414

Fax: +34 (974) 215-267

Mobile: +34 (610) 513-633

http://www.vodafone-rnd.com

Postal Office:  Parque Tecnológico Walqa, Crta. Zaragoza, N-330ª Km.566 Edificio 2, 22197, Cuarte Huesca, Spain

Vodafone Group Services Limited

Registered Office: Vodafone House,  The Connection,  Newbury,  Berkshire,  RG14 2FN

Registered in England No 3802001

Confidencialidad
Este correo electrónico y, en su caso, cualquier fichero anexo al mismo, contiene información de carácter confidencial exclusivamente dirigida a su destinatario o destinatarios y propiedad de Vodafone España. Queda prohibida su divulgación, copia o distribución a terceros sin la previa autorización escrita de Vodafone España, en virtud de la legislación vigente. En el caso de haber recibido este correo electrónico por error, se ruega notificar inmediatamente esta circunstancia mediante reenvío a la dirección electrónica del remitente y la destrucción del mismo.

Confidentiality
The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is classified as Vodafone España Confidential and Proprietary Information and solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copy of this communication is prohibited without the prior written consent of Vodafone España and is s strictly prohibited by law. If you have received this communication in error, please, notify the sender by reply e-mail .

Re: MediaWiki API action=submit

T.W.A.Maaswinkel
[Mediawiki-api] MediaWiki API action=submit
Hey Raquel,
it's cool to see you guys working on this, since we are working on similar stuff! I'm curious how you guys are handeling these issues. Can you notify me when you've been able to get it in to SVN?!
Greetz,

Tom Maaswinkel (Head workgroup SRwiki)
Rabobank Nederland
Afd. Group ICT - Systemrealisation
Tel. +31-6 435 18 186

[...]

De informatie opgenomen in dit bericht kan vertrouwelijk zijn en
is uitsluitend bestemd voor de geadresseerde. Indien u dit bericht
onterecht ontvangt, wordt u verzocht de inhoud niet te gebruiken en
de afzender direct te informeren door het bericht te retourneren.
Rabobank Nederland is een handelsnaam van de Cooperatieve
Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A.Rabobank Nederland
staat ingeschreven bij de K.V.K. onder nr. 30046259
The information contained in this message may be confidential
and is intended to be exclusively for the addressee. Should you
receive this message unintentionally, please do not use the contents
herein and notify the sender immediately by return e-mail.
Rabobank Nederland is a trade name of Cooperatieve Centrale
Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A. Rabobank Nederland is registered
by the Chamber of commerce under nr. 30046259