MediaWiki:Smw_uri_blacklist purpose?

Andreas Plank-2
I mean with MediaWiki:Smw_uri_blacklist filled by default, I can not define [[some-URI-property::http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label]] or something like it because http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema# is in the blacklist and then SMW will complain about it and store nothing.

(1) So I want to undersand what would be semantically the proper way ? On https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Datentyp_URL (or the English version) it just says «But it is not desirable to make new statements about those language constructs.» Is there some help available (on www.semantic-mediawiki.org ?) on the issue of URIs and the blacklist URIs, that I might have overlooked?

(2) So if I want to use rdf:type with MediaWiki:Smw_uri_blacklist filled by default
* I have to set up MediaWiki:Smw_import_rdf
* I have to set up [[property:rdf:type]] with [[Imported from::rdf:type]] on it and specify the [[Has type::Annotation URI]]
* I have to take care that I set always an URL [[rdf:type::http://some-external-url]] or [[rdf:type::http://the-local-wiki-url]]
Is that correct?

Thank you for your elaboration or a detailed Help page
Andreas

Re: MediaWiki:Smw_uri_blacklist purpose?

Markus Krötzsch-2
Dear Andreas,

The purpose of these was to ensure that the RDF export of SMW is
well-behaved and also valid in OWL. Many tools would find it hard to
digest if you would declare a property to be, e.g., a subproperty of
rdfs:range.

Unfortunately, rdf and rdfs in particular contain a lot of things that
may not all be problematic. However, rdfs:label, for example, should be
declared an owl:AnnotationProperty, whereas SMW would declare it as
owl:DatatypeProperty. Not sure if this is working as expected either.

In general, you can change the blacklist to do whatever you like, but
since it seems you plan to use a tool that understands rdf and rdfs
vocabulary (why else care?), you should maybe check if it is really
working with the RDF output SMW would give you.

Best,

Markus