MediaWiki Stakeholders' meta-repository of extensions not in gerrit

MediaWiki Stakeholders' meta-repository of extensions not in gerrit

Mark A. Hershberger-4

This afternoon, while procrastinating by cleaning up my clone of
gerrit's mediawiki extensions repository, I decided to make a meta
repository for some non-WMF-hosted extensions.  (Hopefully this will
mean less need to clean up the clone in the future.)

I got some low-hanging fruit to start it off, but I'm hoping I can get
some pull requests to add more repositories.

Check it out: https://github.com/MWStake/nonwmf-extensions

Thanks,

Mark.

Re: MediaWiki Stakeholders' meta-repository of extensions not in gerrit

Niklas Laxström

> This afternoon, while procrastinating by cleaning up my clone of
> gerrit's mediawiki extensions repository, I decided to make a meta
> repository for some non-WMF-hosted extensions.  (Hopefully this will
> mean less need to clean up the clone in the future.)
>
> I got some low-hanging fruit to start it off, but I'm hoping I can get
> some pull requests to add more repositories.

Some more:
https://github.com/wikimedia/translatewiki/blob/master/repoconfig.yaml#L314-L433

Why submodules? Is someone planning to keep those up to date?

  -Niklas

Re: MediaWiki Stakeholders' meta-repository of extensions not in gerrit

K. Peachey-2
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Extensions_in_GitHub_version_control
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Extensions_in_Google_Code_version_control
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Extensions_in_SourceForge_version_control

On 24 December 2017 at 09:05, Mark A. Hershberger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> This afternoon, while procrastinating by cleaning up my clone of
> gerrit's mediawiki extensions repository, I decided to make a meta
> repository for some non-WMF-hosted extensions.  (Hopefully this will
> mean less need to clean up the clone in the future.)
>
> I got some low-hanging fruit to start it off, but I'm hoping I can get
> some pull requests to add more repositories.
>
> Check it out: https://github.com/MWStake/nonwmf-extensions
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark.

Re: MediaWiki Stakeholders' meta-repository of extensions not in gerrit

Mark A. Hershberger-2
Niklas Laxström <[hidden email]> writes:

> Why submodules?

Because that is my preference.  It provides a way to have a local copy
of extensions without a lot of work.

> Is someone planning to keep those up to date?

I would be happy to set up a daily cron job that could update these.

Mark.