MediaWiki automated test run failure 2006-02-21

MediaWiki automated test run failure 2006-02-21

Brion Vibber
An automated run of parserTests.php showed the following failures:

Running test BUG 361: URL within URL, not bracketed... FAILED!
Running test External links: invalid character... FAILED!
Running test Bug 2702: Mismatched <i> and <a> tags are invalid... FAILED!
Running test A table with no data.... FAILED!
Running test A table with nothing but a caption... FAILED!
Running test Link containing "#<" and "#>" % as a hex sequences... FAILED!
Running test Magic links: PMID incorrectly converts space to underscore... FAILED!
Running test Template with thumb image (wiht link in description)... FAILED!
Running test Link to image page... FAILED!
Running test BUG 1887: A ISBN with a thumbnail... FAILED!
Running test BUG 1887: A <math> with a thumbnail... FAILED!
Running test BUG 561: {{/Subpage}}... FAILED!
Running test Simple category... FAILED!
Running test Section headings with TOC... FAILED!
Running test Media link with nasty text... FAILED!
Running test Bug 2095: link with pipe and three closing brackets... FAILED!
Running test Sanitizer: Validating the contents of the id attribute (bug 4515)... FAILED!

Passed 268 of 285 tests (94.04%) FAILED!

Re: MediaWiki automated test run failure 2006-02-21

Magnus Manske
I didn't get around to fix the parser test, but here's my current
analysis, by looking at the HTML output manually:

> An automated run of parserTests.php showed the following failures:
>
> Running test BUG 361: URL within URL, not bracketed... FAILED!

Works for me.

> Running test External links: invalid character... FAILED!

Fixed. I liked the previous behaviour better, though.

> Running test Bug 2702: Mismatched <i> and <a> tags are invalid... FAILED!

This fails indeed. Fixing appears complicated. Better leave it to tidy ;-)

> Running test A table with no data.... FAILED!

Parser test expects blank, parser (now) generates
Blank output might require major hack. So, works for me.

> Running test A table with nothing but a caption... FAILED!

Works for me.

> Running test Link containing "#<" and "#>" % as a hex sequences... FAILED!

Fails indeed.

> Running test Magic links: PMID incorrectly converts space to underscore... FAILED!

Fixed, I guess...

> Running test Template with thumb image (wiht link in description)... FAILED!
> Running test Link to image page... FAILED!
> Running test BUG 1887: A ISBN with a thumbnail... FAILED!
> Running test BUG 1887: A <math> with a thumbnail... FAILED!
> Running test BUG 561: {{/Subpage}}... FAILED!

Didn't check these yet.

> Running test Simple category... FAILED!

Works for me.

> Running test Section headings with TOC... FAILED!
> Running test Media link with nasty text... FAILED!
> Running test Bug 2095: link with pipe and three closing brackets... FAILED!
> Running test Sanitizer: Validating the contents of the id attribute (bug 4515)... FAILED!

Didn't check these either.

Magnus

Re: MediaWiki automated test run failure 2006-02-21

Phil Boswell
"Magnus Manske" <[hidden email]> wrote in
message news:[hidden email]...
[snip]

Is there a list of these tests and the expected output we can take a look
at?
--
Phil
[[en:User:Phil Boswell]]

Re: MediaWiki automated test run failure 2006-02-21

Rob Church
Parser tests are in /maintenance/parserTests.* with a few other tests
in /tests/* etc.

Rob Church

On 22/02/06, Phil Boswell <[hidden email]> wrote:

> "Magnus Manske" <[hidden email]> wrote in
> message news:[hidden email]...
> [snip]
>
> Is there a list of these tests and the expected output we can take a look
> at?
> --
> Phil
> [[en:User:Phil Boswell]]

Re: MediaWiki automated test run failure 2006-02-21

Gregory Maxwell
On 2/22/06, Rob Church <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Parser tests are in /maintenance/parserTests.* with a few other tests
> in /tests/* etc.
>
> Rob Church

What level of coverage do these tests cover? Has anyone made any
measurments? (http://developer.spikesource.com/projects/phpcoverage/
looks useful)

Magnus Manske wrote:
> I didn't get around to fix the parser test, but here's my current
> analysis, by looking at the HTML output manually:
>
>> An automated run of parserTests.php showed the following failures:
>>
>> Running test BUG 361: URL within URL, not bracketed... FAILED!
>>
> Works for me.

Works how?

Does it:
1) Pass the test on your computer?
2) Not pass the test on your computer?

If 1), try again with PHP 5.1.2 and see if it's the same or changed.
If 2), what makes you think it works?

>> Running test External links: invalid character... FAILED!
>>
> Fixed. I liked the previous behaviour better, though.

You liked producing invalid XML? :)

>> Running test A table with no data.... FAILED!
>>
> Parser test expects blank, parser (now) generates
> Blank output might require major hack. So, works for me.

Works how?

Does it:
1) Pass the test on your computer?
2) Not pass the test on your computer?

If 1), try again with PHP 5.1.2 and see if it's the same or changed.
If 2), what makes you think it works?

>> Running test A table with nothing but a caption... FAILED!
>>
> Works for me.

Works how?

Does it:
1) Pass the test on your computer?
2) Not pass the test on your computer?

If 1), try again with PHP 5.1.2 and see if it's the same or changed.
If 2), what makes you think it works?

>> Running test Magic links: PMID incorrectly converts space to underscore... FAILED!
>>
> Fixed, I guess...

Fixed how?

Does it:
1) Pass the test on your computer?
2) Not pass the test on your computer?

If 1), try again with PHP 5.1.2 and see if it's the same or changed.
If 2), what makes you think it's fixed?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: MediaWiki automated test run failure 2006-02-21

Magnus Manske
Briefly:
* Brion was copy'n'paste happy today ;-)
* "Works for me" = "Works on my computer if I look at HTML with mark 1
eyeball, but does not pass the parser test". PHP 4.something, tell you
tomorrow. Will check under PHP5
* "You liked producing invalid XML? :) " - Sure! :-) Except the only
underscore-to-space conversion (which was suppsed to be the error)
occured in the title attribute of the link, which I changed...

Tomorrow starts the "hot phase" of carnival here in Cologne. Still
thinking about costume. Maybe I'll wrap myself in some USB cables, glue
on a laser pointer, shave my head and go as Borg. Maybe not.

Magnus

Magnus Manske wrote:
> Briefly:
> * Brion was copy'n'paste happy today ;-)
> * "Works for me" = "Works on my computer if I look at HTML with mark 1
> eyeball, but does not pass the parser test". PHP 4.something, tell you
> tomorrow. Will check under PHP5

If it doesn't pass the test case, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG that NEEDS TO BE
FIXED. Just saying it works doesn't solve that. Either the code is wrong or the
test is wrong, and they need to be FIXED.

> * "You liked producing invalid XML? :) " - Sure! :-) Except the only
> underscore-to-space conversion (which was suppsed to be the error)
> occured in the title attribute of the link, which I changed...

Maybe you're thinking of some different test case than the one your comment was
attached to? That's a test case with an invalid UTF-8 character, *not* some
whitespace.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: MediaWiki automated test run failure 2006-02-21

Erik Moeller-2
Brion Vibber:
> If it doesn't pass the test case, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG that NEEDS TO BE
> FIXED. Just saying it works doesn't solve that. Either the code is wrong or the
> test is wrong, and they need to be FIXED.

Sheesh, relax :-). Jimbo, take down the servers -- the man needs a vacation!

Erik