MediaWiki extensions

Sabina Podjed
Hello!

I need an advice regarding the MediaWiki extensions.

Which extensions do you recommend us to install?

Should we install all the extensions (http://toolserver.org/~vvv/mw-nightly/
<http://toolserver.org/%7Evvv/mw-nightly/>  ) only the most important one.
Which extensions are "must have"?

We have a 1.13. version of MediaWiki.

I would also need some advice how to install the licensing feature to the
UPLOAD FILE page.

Cheers,

Sabina

People4earth.net

Re: MediaWiki extensions

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
This is an impossible question. We do not know what your needs are..
Consequently the answer is green.
Thanks.
       GerardM

You may prefer pink, but the answer is still green

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 8:59 PM, Sabina Podjed <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello!
>

> I need an advice regarding the MediaWiki extensions.
>
> Which extensions do you recommend us to install?
>
> Should we install all the extensions (
> http://toolserver.org/~vvv/mw-nightly/<http://toolserver.org/%7Evvv/mw-nightly/>
> <http://toolserver.org/%7Evvv/mw-nightly/>  ) only the most important one.
> Which extensions are "must have"?
>

> We have a 1.13. version of MediaWiki.
>

> I would also need some advice how to install the licensing feature to the
> UPLOAD FILE page.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Sabina
>
> People4earth.net

Re: MediaWiki extensions

Danny Joe Bauch
There's a certain set of extensions that are necessary to replicate the
behavior of wikipedia. I would recommend looking at the Special:Version page
on wikipedia and installing the extensions listed there.

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Sabina Podjed <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hello!
>

> I need an advice regarding the MediaWiki extensions.
>
> Which extensions do you recommend us to install?
>
> Should we install all the extensions (
> http://toolserver.org/~vvv/mw-nightly/<http://toolserver.org/%7Evvv/mw-nightly/>
> <http://toolserver.org/%7Evvv/mw-nightly/>  ) only the most important one.
> Which extensions are "must have"?
>

> We have a 1.13. version of MediaWiki.
>

> I would also need some advice how to install the licensing feature to the
> UPLOAD FILE page.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Sabina
>
> People4earth.net

Re: MediaWiki extensions

Sabina Podjed
Thanx for the answer.

It means I have to check one by one :(

Sabina

How did you guess that I prefer pink over green. :)

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3371 (20080820) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3371 (20080820) __________

http://www.eset.com

Re: MediaWiki extensions

Danny Joe Bauch
I would recommend at least the following as a "necessary" minimum:
CategoryTree
Cite
ImageMap
ParserFunctions
StringFunctions

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 3:28 PM, Sabina Podjed <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Thanx for the answer.
>
> It means I have to check one by one :(
>
> Sabina
>
> How did you guess that I prefer pink over green. :)

Re: MediaWiki extensions

Nikola Smolenski
Gerard Meijssen wrote:
> This is an impossible question. We do not know what your needs are..
> Consequently the answer is green.

Perhaps it would make sense to check Special:Version of MediaWiki wikis
and see what are the most used extensions. Maybe even I'll do it one day.

Re: MediaWiki extensions

Gerard Meijssen-3
Hoi,
Actually what we do not know is what you aim to do with your wiki. If we
have more of a clue what you want to do, we can suggest extensions that help
you to realise your goals. It would be based on the functionality that seems
to map to the requirements.
Thanks,
     GerardM