[MediaWiki-l] A monthly digest mail about latest stuff in MediaWiki extensions

[MediaWiki-l] A monthly digest mail about latest stuff in MediaWiki extensions

nischay nahata
Hi All,

I always notice that our open source work around MediaWiki does not reach
everyone and similarly its difficult to find what awesome work someone else
has done.The only way we find extensions currently is through a web search.

Therefore, I am planning to start a monthly digest email with all the new
stuff - extensions, feature additions, scripts, etc.

This can only be done collaboratively. So I have created a new page on
mediawiki.org [1] where anyone can add their work and after a while it gets
published here in the digest mail. I have already added some of my recent
projects.

I am hopeful that other developers/users find this useful, your comments
(and help) are welcome :)

[1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Whats_New

Regards,
Nischay Nahata

Re: A monthly digest mail about latest stuff in MediaWiki extensions

Jay prakash
Great Idea :)

On Mon, Jun 11, 2018 at 10:27 PM Nischay Nahata <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I always notice that our open source work around MediaWiki does not reach
> everyone and similarly its difficult to find what awesome work someone else
> has done.The only way we find extensions currently is through a web search.
>
> Therefore, I am planning to start a monthly digest email with all the new
> stuff - extensions, feature additions, scripts, etc.
>
> This can only be done collaboratively. So I have created a new page on
> mediawiki.org [1] where anyone can add their work and after a while it
> gets
> published here in the digest mail. I have already added some of my recent
> projects.
>
> I am hopeful that other developers/users find this useful, your comments
> (and help) are welcome :)
>

> [1] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Whats_New
>
> Regards,
> Nischay Nahata

Re: A monthly digest mail about latest stuff in MediaWiki extensions

Sam Wilson
This sounds great!