[MediaWiki-l] Adding a drop-down menu for monobook's sidebar

[MediaWiki-l] Adding a drop-down menu for monobook's sidebar

Brenton Horne
Hi,

I'm running a Wiki on Wikia (I have asked a question on the community
forums [http://community.wikia.com/wiki/Thread:789971], some six days
ago, with no reply, if you're wondering if that would be a better place
to ask it) and I've love to be able to add a drop-down menu to
monobook's sidebar, which I know is possible (see this screenshot of
another Wikia wiki which has this drop-down menu
http://community.wikia.com/wiki/File:Layton_Wiki,_drop-down_menu.png).
Does anyone in this mailing list know how to do this? Please keep in
mind I am a noob when it comes to programming so please, just give me
simple, step-by-step, instructions on how to do this. I do have
administrative privileges on the Wiki in question, so I can edit pages
in the MediaWiki namespace, if need be.

Thanks for your time,
Brenton

Re: Adding a drop-down menu for monobook's sidebar

svetlana

Would suggest to visit https://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Special:Gadgets on the wiki which has such working drop-down menu. Maybe they made a gadget which does the job. If you don't see it there, unless someone here can guess, you may have to link to that wiki where it works.

--
svetlana

Re: Adding a drop-down menu for monobook's sidebar

Jan Steinman
> From: Brenton Horne <[hidden email]>
>
> I've love to be able to add a drop-down menu to monobook's sidebar, which I know is possible (see this screenshot of another Wikia wiki which has this drop-down menu http://community.wikia.com/wiki/File:Layton_Wiki,_drop-down_menu.png).

Have you tried looking at that site's sidebar code?

Such as:
        http://domain.name/wiki/MediaWiki:Sidebar

   Jan Steinman
   EcoReality Co-op, http://www.EcoReality.org
   2152 Fulford-Ganges Road
   Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 1Z7 CANADA
   +1 250.653.2024

Re: Adding a drop-down menu for monobook's sidebar

Brenton Horne
Yeah I have and it just contains the non-drop down parts of the sidebar.

On 5 February 2015 at 03:44, Jan Steinman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > From: Brenton Horne <[hidden email]>
> >
> > I've love to be able to add a drop-down menu to monobook's sidebar,
> which I know is possible (see this screenshot of another Wikia wiki which
> has this drop-down menu
> http://community.wikia.com/wiki/File:Layton_Wiki,_drop-down_menu.png).
>
> Have you tried looking at that site's sidebar code?
>
> Such as:
>         http://domain.name/wiki/MediaWiki:Sidebar
>
>    Jan Steinman
>    EcoReality Co-op, http://www.EcoReality.org
>    2152 Fulford-Ganges Road
>    Salt Spring Island, BC V8K 1Z7 CANADA
>    +1 250.653.2024

[MediaWiki-l] does anyone use wizExpress extension for mediawiki? I have downloaded and installed it but I don't know how is it working

Poopak Alaeifar