[MediaWiki-l] Archiving Wikis at the Internet Archive by Wikiteam

[MediaWiki-l] Archiving Wikis at the Internet Archive by Wikiteam

Henrik Nielsen
Madeline, thank you for informing list members of this project. What they
are doing sounds like a good idea. There's more information at
https://www.archiveteam.org/ . The software used for uploading a Wiki is
named  Archive Team Warrior. It can be downloaded from
https://www.archiveteam.org/index.php?title=ArchiveTeam_Warrior .

Henrik Thiil Nielsen

Re: Archiving Wikis at the Internet Archive by Wikiteam

Federico Leva (Nemo)
WikiTeam is connected to the ArchiveTeam, but we use our own software:
https://www.archiveteam.org/index.php?title=WikiTeam
https://github.com/WikiTeam/wikiteam

The reason is that wikis, and specifically MediaWiki, provide open
formats and protocols which help export and import, unlike the general
web which can only be archived by some generic-purpose HTML format (WARC).

Federico