[MediaWiki-l] Audio Streaming in MediaWiki, is possible?

[MediaWiki-l] Audio Streaming in MediaWiki, is possible?

Nordik
Aló community! I want to embed an audio streaming in our MediaWiki. This
streaming is from an external server.

The streaming is: http://icecast.taina.net.br/radiosapo.mp3, and I want
to put it inside a Wiki page.

I found one extension
(https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:StreamPlayer), but it does not
look like an updated extension and it does not work.

Any idea? Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks!! =)

Nordik.-

Re: Audio Streaming in MediaWiki, is possible?

Emilio J. Rodríguez-Posada
You could use Mediawiki-widgets, adding a YouTube embed code with
autoplay=1, or maybe a widget for soundcloud or any music streaming service.

> Aló community! I want to embed an audio streaming in our MediaWiki. This
> streaming is from an external server.
>
> The streaming is: http://icecast.taina.net.br/radiosapo.mp3, and I want
> to put it inside a Wiki page.
>
> I found one extension
> (https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:StreamPlayer), but it does not
> look like an updated extension and it does not work.
>
> Any idea? Does anyone know how to do this?
>
> Thanks!! =)
>
> Nordik.-

Re: Audio Streaming in MediaWiki, is possible?

Mark A. Hershberger-4
Nordik <[hidden email]> writes:

> The streaming is: http://icecast.taina.net.br/radiosapo.mp3, and I want
> to put it inside a Wiki page.

The MP3MediaHandler lets you play MP3s in the web page:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:MP3MediaHandler

It isn't meant to play arbitrary streams, though, so I had to create
test HTML page to test the markup that it uses.

I tried this:

            <audio controls="controls">
                <source src="http://icecast.taina.net.br/radiosapo.mp3" type="audio/mp3">
            </audio>

And it worked for me in Firefox and Chrome.

Maybe the ability to play streams is something that Mark Clements (CC'd)
could add to the extension?

How would this look?  What would you put i the wikitext?

If Mark C. isn't able to do it, I might have some time later.

Mark.

--
Mark A. Hershberger
NicheWork LLC