[MediaWiki-l] CSS for QuestyCaptcha question on Create Account page

[MediaWiki-l] CSS for QuestyCaptcha question on Create Account page

rogerchrisman
I use QuestyCaptch (it is in ConfirmEdit extension) to fight spam.

I use CSS in wiki's Common.css page to make the question more
noticeable, because otherwise it just shows up in normal text which is
not obvious and very easy to overlook.

I am successfully styling the QuestyCaptcha question for page edits
that add URLs with this in Common.css:

/* ConfirmEdit QuestyCaptcha, on add URL in edit
 *
 */
label[for=wpCaptchaWord] {
      color: green;
      font-size: 120%;
      font-weight: bold;
}

However, that does not style the question at all on the Account
Creation page. The QuestyCaptcha quesion is very easy to overlook on
that page. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Roger
teflpedia.com

Re: CSS for QuestyCaptcha question on Create Account page

rogerchrisman
If anyone has a trick that works to style the QuestyCaptcha question
on Account Creation page, please let us know.

Meanwhile, I have switched my wiki to using reCaptcha (NoCaptcha) for now.

Roger
teflpedia.com

On Thu, Jan 3, 2019 at 9:37 PM <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I use QuestyCaptch (it is in ConfirmEdit extension) to fight spam.
>
> I use CSS in wiki's Common.css page to make the question more
> noticeable, because otherwise it just shows up in normal text which is
> not obvious and very easy to overlook.
>
> I am successfully styling the QuestyCaptcha question for page edits
> that add URLs with this in Common.css:
>
> /* ConfirmEdit QuestyCaptcha, on add URL in edit
>  *
>  */
> label[for=wpCaptchaWord] {
>       color: green;
>       font-size: 120%;
>       font-weight: bold;
> }
>
> However, that does not style the question at all on the Account
> Creation page. The QuestyCaptcha quesion is very easy to overlook on
> that page. Any suggestions?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Roger
> teflpedia.com

Re: CSS for QuestyCaptcha question on Create Account page

Bartosz Dziewoński
On 2019-01-04 06:37, [hidden email] wrote:
> I use CSS in wiki's Common.css page to make the question more
> noticeable, because otherwise it just shows up in normal text which is
> not obvious and very easy to overlook.
>
> However, that does not style the question at all on the Account
> Creation page. The QuestyCaptcha quesion is very easy to overlook on
> that page. Any suggestions?

Site CSS is disabled on pages like Special:CreateAccount where it could
be abused by malicious administrators. If you're confident in your
site's administrators and their password security, you can enable it
with the configuration option $wgAllowSiteCSSOnRestrictedPages = true.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgAllowSiteCSSOnRestrictedPages

--
Bartosz Dziewoński