[MediaWiki-l] Categories in draft articles in user space.

[MediaWiki-l] Categories in draft articles in user space.

Gordon Joly

I created a draft page, with categories, in my user space. I was told to
remove the categories, since the document was a draft. Should Mediawiki
take care of that for me? That is hide or suppress a category in user space?

But there again, I do have have this lot on my user page!

Categories:

Wikipedians interested in photography
Wikipedians in London
Wikipedians in England
Wikipedians in the United Kingdom
Inclusionist Wikipedians
Wikipedians who contribute to OpenStreetMap
Wikipedian WikiGnomes
Wikipedia pending changes reviewers
British Wikipedians
Wikipedians in Europe
Wikipedians in East London
Members of the Ten Year Society of Wikipedia editors

:-)

Gordo

Re: Categories in draft articles in user space.

John Doe-27
en wiki has a policy about separating mainspace categories and
non-mainspace drafts. Not really a software choice, but more of a policy
choice.