[MediaWiki-l] Category http 500 error after wmf upgrade from 1.30.0-wmf.4 to wmf.5

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[MediaWiki-l] Category http 500 error after wmf upgrade from 1.30.0-wmf.4 to wmf.5

LCJones
I've been running the wmf series of MW since late into 1.27. I've gone
through all the 1.28/1.29 wmf updates up to 1.30.0-wmf.4 and never
really had an issue with them. Yesterday I up'd to 1.30.0.wmf.5 from .4
and it appears the Category namespace died as I now receive http 500
errors on each Category page. All the other namespaces seem to be
working as normal.

I found this error when tailing my MW log file.

[fatal] [ab557217] PHP Fatal Error: Access level to
CategoryTreeCategoryPage::$mCategoryViewerClass must be public (as in
class CategoryPage)
[session] Saving all sessions on shutdown

Reverting back to 1.30.0.wmf.4 re-initiates the Category namespace.

Version .4 Works
Version 1.30.0-wmf.4
your root ../includes/page/CategoryPage.php
LINE 30: protected $mCategoryViewerClass = 'CategoryViewer';

Version .5 Fails.
Version 1.30.0-wmf.5
your root ../includes/page/CategoryPage.php
LINE 30: public $mCategoryViewerClass = 'CategoryViewer';

Editing CategoryPage.php in version 1.30.0-wmf.5 to *protected* instead
of *public* resolves the http 500 error on Category pages.

I have no clue as to whether or not that is a correct fix but it fixed
my lost Category problem.


Chap @ jonesipedia.com



_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
To unsubscribe, go to:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Category http 500 error after wmf upgrade from 1.30.0-wmf.4 to wmf.5

Chad
This should be fixed in the wmf.5 version of the extension. It was
backported
here: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/358782/

-Chad

On Thu, Jun 15, 2017 at 8:59 AM Chap Jones <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I've been running the wmf series of MW since late into 1.27. I've gone
> through all the 1.28/1.29 wmf updates up to 1.30.0-wmf.4 and never
> really had an issue with them. Yesterday I up'd to 1.30.0.wmf.5 from .4
> and it appears the Category namespace died as I now receive http 500
> errors on each Category page. All the other namespaces seem to be
> working as normal.
>
> I found this error when tailing my MW log file.
>
> [fatal] [ab557217] PHP Fatal Error: Access level to
> CategoryTreeCategoryPage::$mCategoryViewerClass must be public (as in
> class CategoryPage)
> [session] Saving all sessions on shutdown
>
> Reverting back to 1.30.0.wmf.4 re-initiates the Category namespace.
>
> Version .4 Works
> Version 1.30.0-wmf.4
> your root ../includes/page/CategoryPage.php
> LINE 30: protected $mCategoryViewerClass = 'CategoryViewer';
>
> Version .5 Fails.
> Version 1.30.0-wmf.5
> your root ../includes/page/CategoryPage.php
> LINE 30: public $mCategoryViewerClass = 'CategoryViewer';
>
> Editing CategoryPage.php in version 1.30.0-wmf.5 to *protected* instead
> of *public* resolves the http 500 error on Category pages.
>
> I have no clue as to whether or not that is a correct fix but it fixed
> my lost Category problem.
>
>
> Chap @ jonesipedia.com
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> To unsubscribe, go to:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
To unsubscribe, go to:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Category http 500 error after wmf upgrade from 1.30.0-wmf.4 to wmf.5

LCJones
On 6/15/2017 12:11 PM, Chad wrote:
> This should be fixed in the wmf.5 version of the extension. It was
> backported
> here: https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/358782/
>
> -Chad
>

Very cool. Thank you.

Chap

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
To unsubscribe, go to:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l