Quantcast

[MediaWiki-l] Debian packages for a localhost installation?

[MediaWiki-l] Debian packages for a localhost installation?

Sharon Kimble

After a reinstall of my Debian 8 I'm having great difficulties in
getting my own mediawiki instance (just available as a local instance
and not web serving) working.

Can anyone tell me please what Debian packages I need to install that
will allow me to use mariadb with a downloaded mediawiki.tar.gz.

Currently http://localhost/wiki/ is showing this text -

 * This is the main web entry point for MediaWiki.
 *
 * If you are reading this in your web browser, your server is probably
 * not configured correctly to run PHP applications!

My ultimate aim is to be able to get a backup of my mediawiki website
and then see if I can install it on my local setup.

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 8.7, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1.1

Re: Debian packages for a localhost installation?

Bartosz Dziewoński
You'll need these:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Running_MediaWiki_on_Debian_or_Ubuntu#Install_LAMP_Stack

--
Bartosz Dziewoński

Bartosz Dziewoński <[hidden email]> writes:

> You'll need these:
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Running_MediaWiki_on_Debian_or_Ubuntu#Install_LAMP_Stack

Thanks Bartosz.

But what do I need to run mariadb please?

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 8.7, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1.1

Re: Debian packages for a localhost installation?

Lewis Cawte
Replace mysql-server with mariadb-server, and apt should sort all the
necessary dependencies out for you.

-- Lewis Cawte

On Fri, 5 May 2017 at 17:37 Sharon Kimble <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Bartosz Dziewoński <[hidden email]> writes:
>
> > You'll need these:
> >
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Running_MediaWiki_on_Debian_or_Ubuntu#Install_LAMP_Stack
>
> Thanks Bartosz.
>
> But what do I need to run mariadb please?
>
> Thanks
> Sharon.
> --
> A taste of linux = http://www.sharons.org.uk
> TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
> DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
> Debian 8.7, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1.1

Re: Debian packages for a localhost installation?

Gordon Joly
On 05/05/17 18:11, Lewis Cawte wrote:
> Replace mysql-server with mariadb-server, and apt should sort all the
> necessary dependencies out for you.
>
> -- Lewis Cawte

You might need to do some other prep.

https://downloads.mariadb.org/

I have run 10.1.x and 10.2.x on Debian 8 (and Mediawiki on top).

"Use CentOS, Fedora, Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu, openSUSE, or Mageia? See
our repository configuration tool."

https://downloads.mariadb.org/mariadb/repositories/

You might need to invoke these commands.

***
sudo apt-get install software-properties-common
sudo apt-key adv --recv-keys --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com
0xcbcb082a1bb943db
sudo add-apt-repository 'deb [arch=amd64,i386,ppc64el]
http://lon1.mirrors.digitalocean.com/mariadb/repo/10.1/debian jessie main'
***
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install mariadb-server
***

The change from mysql to mariadb is easy enough, in my experience.

Gordo