[MediaWiki-l] Deleted page still appears on a Category page

[MediaWiki-l] Deleted page still appears on a Category page

Jason Ji-2
Hello,

I have a wiki running MediaWiki 1.23 and Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.1 in a
development environment (so lots of page creations, deletions, settings
changes, etc). At some point during my development today, after I changed
some settings in PostConfiguration.php regarding namespaces, I found that a
page which I had deleted was still showing up in the Category page of which
it was a member (when it still existed). Clicking on the link to the
deleted page takes me to the deleted page (correctly stating that the page
was deleted, but I could restore it if desired).

I have tried things like re-creating and deleting the page, running
refreshLinks.php, runJobs.php (until the job queue was clear), and
SMW/UpdateJob.php, but none of these have fixed the problem - the phantom
page is still showing in the Category page.

Can anyone give any insight as to a) why this might happen, and/or b) any
other ways I can try to correct the problem?

Thanks!

--
Jason Ji

Re: Deleted page still appears on a Category page

Larry Silverman
When you say Category page, do you actually mean the built-in Mediawiki
category page or do you mean a page that is using a SMW query to list all
pages in a category? If the latter, try appending action=purge to the
querystring and see if that clears it up.

Larry Silverman
Chief Technology Officer
TrackAbout, Inc.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Jason Ji <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a wiki running MediaWiki 1.23 and Semantic MediaWiki 1.9.1 in a
> development environment (so lots of page creations, deletions, settings
> changes, etc). At some point during my development today, after I changed
> some settings in PostConfiguration.php regarding namespaces, I found that a
> page which I had deleted was still showing up in the Category page of which
> it was a member (when it still existed). Clicking on the link to the
> deleted page takes me to the deleted page (correctly stating that the page
> was deleted, but I could restore it if desired).
>
> I have tried things like re-creating and deleting the page, running
> refreshLinks.php, runJobs.php (until the job queue was clear), and
> SMW/UpdateJob.php, but none of these have fixed the problem - the phantom
> page is still showing in the Category page.
>
> Can anyone give any insight as to a) why this might happen, and/or b) any
> other ways I can try to correct the problem?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Jason Ji

Re: Deleted page still appears on a Category page

Phil Legault
I have the same issue in 1.8.0.5 and it is in is under Semantic Drilldown under one of the categories.  I would say this may be a question for the semantic MediaWiki user group.