[MediaWiki-l] Error message Help needed

John Foster-2
I am still getting this error message on my Mediawiki site:
http://www.physicswiki.net

Error: Module:Navbar:25: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got
nil)

It pops up on the top of some boxes at the bottom of articles on some
pages. Seems to be related to LUA & Scribunto modules. I did not have
this until I installed those extensions. I see that they are required in
order for the templates that I download from Wikipedia and use on my
site.
Any ideas as to how to rid my site of this is appreciated.
Thanks
John

Re: Error message Help needed

YiFei
My debugging information, just for reference:

> Error: Module:Navbar:25: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)

>     if mw.ustring.sub(pageName, 1, 1) == ':' then
pageName is nil

> function _navbar( args )
>     if not args[1] then
>         return error('No name provided')
>     end
args[1] is not nil

>     local good, title, talk_title; good, title, talk_title = pcall( getTitle, args[1] );

Likely pcall-related issue (ignored args[1])

On Sat, 2013-12-28 at 11:45 +0800, YiFei wrote:

> My debugging information, just for reference:
>
> > Error: Module:Navbar:25: bad argument #1 to 'sub' (string expected, got nil)
>
> >     if mw.ustring.sub(pageName, 1, 1) == ':' then
> pageName is nil
>
> > function _navbar( args )
> >     if not args[1] then
> >         return error('No name provided')
> >     end
> args[1] is not nil
>
> >     local good, title, talk_title; good, title, talk_title = pcall( getTitle, args[1] );
>
> Likely pcall-related issue (ignored args[1])

I don't know what that means; Can you explain?
Thanks