[MediaWiki-l] Extension Duplicator help

rkevans
I have an urgent need/desire with MW-1.28.2 to have a bug-fix/feature made in the Extension:Duplicator [master-cf59a69] by Rob Church and Vitaliy Filippov. The problem is that the current version doesn’t create wiki links for the source (old) and destination (new) articles. [0]

I think this could be a simple fix that I am willing to make on my own version (and provide in the extension talk page as a solution) if someone could point me in the right direction on some super basic wiki programing.

Specifically… I believe I have chased the issue into the file “Duplicator.page.php” line 125 …. Which reads:

$this->msg( 'duplicator-success-revisions' )->numParams( $num )->text()

I’m really novice in the wiki programming, but I believe the issue could be as simple as the “->text()” function at the end of that line?

Would it be easy to fix by simply updating that to the function that produces wikitext?

Can anyone help me debug my first 3rd party extension? (Rob? ☺ .. Vitaliy? ☺ )

- Rich

Re: Extension Duplicator help

Brian Wolff
Hi.

The line you point out is wrong. It should be ->parse() instead of
->text() (In order to prevent admins from inserting javascript by
editing the page MediaWiki:duplicator-success-revisions). In fact most
of the message related stuff is wrong in this extension.

I think the issue you're experiancing is actually from the line
before.  It appears it was fixed 3 days ago -
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/379493/ . Try redownloading the
extension.

> Can anyone help me debug my first 3rd party extension? (Rob? ☺ .. Vitaliy? ☺ )

Just for reference, Rob is no longer active in MediaWiki development
--
Brian