[MediaWiki-l] Get value from URL

Geevarghese, James (JSC-CX35)[SGT, INC]
Good afternoon everyone,

              Is there a way to set the current page name as a query string to a form edit link, and then have the form set that value as the default value for a combo box? I want the page name they are opening the form from set as a property on the new page. I saw the extension "UrlGetParameters", but wondering if there is a way to do it without installing the extension. If anyone could help out, that would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

James Geevarghese
Intern

Re: Get value from URL

Bartosz Dziewoński
To clarify, is this question about the SemanticForms extension or
something? What kind of "form" do you mean?

(If it's about Sematic stuff, try asking at their mailing list too:
https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Getting_support)

--
Bartosz Dziewoński

Re: Get value from URL

Geevarghese, James (JSC-CX35)[SGT, INC]
Yes it is a for a SemanticForm, I will send the question to them too. Thank you.

Re: Get value from URL

Yaron Koren-2
Just so you know, the extension formerly known as "Semantic Forms" is (as
of last year) now called "Page Forms". You can ask about it either here or
on the Semantic MediaWiki mailing list; though, in either place, it's
helpful to put "Page Forms" in the subject line so that people know what
you're asking about. (I almost missed this email entirely.)

As for the actual question - no, I don't think you need to install the
UrlGetParameters extension. See the 5th item here:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Page_Forms/Linking_to_forms#Preloading_data

-Yaron

On Fri, Jul 7, 2017 at 9:10 AM, Geevarghese, James (JSC-CX35)[SGT, INC] <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes it is a for a SemanticForm, I will send the question to them too.
> Thank you.

Re: Get value from URL

Geevarghese, James (JSC-CX35)[SGT, INC]
Thank you Yaron, that is exactly what I was looking for, not sure how I missed that while searching yesterday.

WikiWorks · MediaWiki Consulting · http://wikiworks.com _______________________________________________