[MediaWiki-l] Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

[MediaWiki-l] Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

Manuela
I would like to have the hint like this site
http://de.pluspedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.css
but I cannot find where to do it. I checked the system messages, but found
nothing.

Can anyone tell me where to find this message? I suppose it is very
simple...

Thank you very much
Manuela

--
Sent from: http://mediawiki-i.429.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

Bryan Hilderbrand
Hi Manuela,

To find the system messages used on a page, append the URL with
?uselang=qqx. For example, to see the system message on the page you want:
http://de.pluspedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.css?uselang=qqx

This should show you the system message called (clearyourcache) which you
can find more about here:
http://de.pluspedia.org/w/index.php?title=Spezial%3AMediaWiki-Systemnachrichten&prefix=clearyourcache

Regards,
Bryan

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 10:41 PM Manuela <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I would like to have the hint like this site
> http://de.pluspedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Common.css
> but I cannot find where to do it. I checked the system messages, but found
> nothing.
>
> Can anyone tell me where to find this message? I suppose it is very
> simple...
>
> Thank you very much
> Manuela
>

> --
> Sent from: http://mediawiki-i.429.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

Manuela
Bryan Hilderbrand wrote
> This should show you the system message called (clearyourcache) which you
> can find more about here:
> http://de.pluspedia.org/w/index.php?title=Spezial%3AMediaWiki-Systemnachrichten&prefix=clearyourcache

Thank you Bryan, I found the message and I have it in my Wiki already.

But now I am really stupid: i cannot find a way to put the message on the
common.css page.

How do I enter this message into the page?

Thank you for your help
Manuela

--
Sent from: http://mediawiki-i.429.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

Bryan Hilderbrand
Hi Manuela,

Just to make sure, when you open your common.css page in your wiki and
append ?uselang=qqx to the URL, do you see (clearyourcache) at the top?

Regards,
Bryan

On Wed, Jan 30, 2019, 11:43 PM Manuela <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bryan Hilderbrand wrote
> > This should show you the system message called (clearyourcache) which you
> > can find more about here:
> >
> http://de.pluspedia.org/w/index.php?title=Spezial%3AMediaWiki-Systemnachrichten&prefix=clearyourcache
>
> Thank you Bryan, I found the message and I have it in my Wiki already.
>
> But now I am really stupid: i cannot find a way to put the message on the
> common.css page.
>
> How do I enter this message into the page?
>
> Thank you for your help
> Manuela
>

> --
> Sent from: http://mediawiki-i.429.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

Manuela
Hi Bryan,

I don't see (clearyourcache) at the top, and that is the problem. How do I
get it there?

Thank you for your help,
Manuela

--
Sent from: http://mediawiki-i.429.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

Greg Rundlett (freephile)
The interface message will be found at the page MediaWiki:Clearyourcache
(e.g. https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki:Clearyourcache)

Only persons with the editinterface right will be able to edit that page
(admins can by default)

If your page is blank, you can supply the text from the example.  I'm not
sure why the example I referenced says that it's no longer needed, but
there is discussion on the Talk page
<https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki_talk:Clearyourcache>

~ Greg

Greg Rundlett
https://eQuality-Tech.com
https://freephile.org

On Thu, Jan 31, 2019 at 3:02 AM Manuela <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi Bryan,
>
> I don't see (clearyourcache) at the top, and that is the problem. How do I
> get it there?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Manuela
>

> --
> Sent from: http://mediawiki-i.429.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

Bartosz Dziewoński
Note that the message was accidentally removed for a few versions:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T191800

--
Bartosz Dziewoński

Re: Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

Manuela
Bartosz Dziewoński wrote
> Note that the message was accidentally removed for a few versions:
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T191800
>
> --
> Bartosz Dziewoński

Thank you for the hint, if this was e.g. Version 1.29.x, this is the reason.
I have another Wiki with a different version where this message is
displayed.

"Should be just a matter of putting this code back somewhere appropriate"

Can anyone tell me where this "appropriate" is? There are a zillion
PHP-modules in the MediaWiki directories, and I am really fresh in PHP

thanky you very much

Manuela

--
Sent from: http://mediawiki-i.429.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

Bryan Hilderbrand
Hi Manuela,

I'm certainly over my head here, but I think this link should point you in
the right direction:
https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/core/+/427586/2/includes/page/Article.php

In my wiki, the file is at:
/usr/share/mediawiki/htdocs/includes/page/Article.php

Hope that helps,

Regards,
Bryan

On Sun, Feb 3, 2019 at 9:30 PM Manuela <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Bartosz Dziewoński wrote
> > Note that the message was accidentally removed for a few versions:
> > https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T191800
> >
> > --
> > Bartosz Dziewoński
>
> Thank you for the hint, if this was e.g. Version 1.29.x, this is the
> reason.
> I have another Wiki with a different version where this message is
> displayed.
>
> "Should be just a matter of putting this code back somewhere appropriate"
>
> Can anyone tell me where this "appropriate" is? There are a zillion
> PHP-modules in the MediaWiki directories, and I am really fresh in PHP
>
> thanky you very much
>
> Manuela
>

> --
> Sent from: http://mediawiki-i.429.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

Manuela
Bryan Hilderbrand wrote
> I'm certainly over my head here, but I think this link should point you in
> the right direction:
> https://gerrit.wikimedia.org/r/#/c/mediawiki/core/+/427586/2/includes/page/Article.php

Bryan, thank you.

Obviously I am over my head, too. Finding the right entry point is not as
simple as I thought, I have to compare with a working Wiki version.

Greetings,

Manuela

--
Sent from: http://mediawiki-i.429.n8.nabble.com/

Re: Hint on Media Wiki:Common.css

ปัฐยาวัต ขวัญทอง

เมื่อ 31 ม.ค. 2019 1:41 หลังเที่ยง "Manuela" <[hidden email]>
เขียนว่า