[MediaWiki-l] Hook for modifying meta tags?

[MediaWiki-l] Hook for modifying meta tags?

rotsee

Hello, this is probably an obvious thing to many of you, but I'm trying to write an extension that provides magic words for changing robot policy tags (nofollow, noindex) at page level (overriding $wgDefaultRobotPolicy, $wgNamespaceRobotPolicies, and $wgArticleRobotPolicies). However, I'm not sure which hook to use for adjusting the meta tags. Ultimately I would like to be able to alter the meta tags after index policies is set to the output object, but before the final html is produced. Any ideas?
Best regardsLeo

_______________Leonard [hidden email]@leo_wallentin+46 (0) 735 - 933 543
http://svt.se/nyhetslabbethttp://säsongsmat.nuhttp://nairobikoll.se
---
Leo Wallentin
Skype: leo_wallentin
Twitter: @leo_wallentin
Säsongsmat.nu

Re: Hook for modifying meta tags?

Daniel Friesen-4
On Tue, 14 Aug 2012 00:18:07 -0700, Leonard Wallentin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello, this is probably an obvious thing to many of you, but I'm trying
> to write an extension that provides magic words for changing robot
> policy tags (nofollow, noindex) at page level (overriding
> $wgDefaultRobotPolicy, $wgNamespaceRobotPolicies, and
> $wgArticleRobotPolicies). However, I'm not sure which hook to use for
> adjusting the meta tags. Ultimately I would like to be able to alter the
> meta tags after index policies is set to the output object, but before
> the final html is produced. Any ideas?
> Best regardsLeo
>
> _______________Leonard
> [hidden email]@leo_wallentin+46 (0) 735 - 933 543
> http://svt.se/nyhetslabbethttp://säsongsmat.nuhttp://nairobikoll.se

We already have __INDEX__ and __NOINDEX__, isn't that what you're trying
to do?

Re: Hook for modifying meta tags?

rotsee

> > Hello, this is probably an obvious thing to many of you, but I'm trying
> > to write an extension that provides magic words for changing robot
> > policy tags (nofollow, noindex) at page level (overriding
> > $wgDefaultRobotPolicy, $wgNamespaceRobotPolicies, and
> > $wgArticleRobotPolicies). However, I'm not sure which hook to use for
> > adjusting the meta tags. Ultimately I would like to be able to alter the
> > meta tags after index policies is set to the output object, but before
> > the final html is produced. Any ideas?
> >

> We already have __INDEX__ and __NOINDEX__, isn't that what you're trying
> to do?

Wow, I can't believe I missed that! Feeling quite stupid now... Thanks a lot, anyway, that's exactly what I was looking for!
/Leo
---
Leo Wallentin
Skype: leo_wallentin