[MediaWiki-l] How do I police my Media Wiki wiki's ?

[MediaWiki-l] How do I police my Media Wiki wiki's ?

Aaron Gray-6
Hi,

What extensions are available to police my Media Wiki's ?

I have several personal computer language ones which I will want to make
public at some point.

And more to the point I am wanting to put up a quite high profile one that
may/probably get attacked for having political information on it.

Many thanks in advance,

Aaron

Re: How do I police my Media Wiki wiki's ?

Mark A. Hershberger-2
On 03/23/2013 02:08 AM, Aaron Gray wrote:
> What extensions are available to police my Media Wiki's ?

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Anti-spam_features
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Combating_spam
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Combating_vandalism
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Preventing_access
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Security

Those pages list extensions and have other configuration information
that would be helpful.

Mark.

--
http://hexmode.com/

[We are] immortal ... because [we have] a soul, a spirit capable of
   compassion and sacrifice and endurance.
        -- William Faulker, Nobel Prize acceptance speech

Re: How do I police my Media Wiki wiki's ?

thingles
There are a number of extensions and I saw another email mention them. However, I can't recommend strongly enough that you simply monitor the Recent Changes RSS feeds from your Wiki. If you have a few wikis, I would suggest setting up a planet feed of them. I use rawdog [1] to create a river of recent changes from about a dozen wikis I manage.

[1]: http://offog.org/code/rawdog.html
Jamie Thingelstad
[hidden email]
mobile: 612-810-3699
find me on AIM Twitter Facebook LinkedIn