[MediaWiki-l] How do you get unblocked?

Damian Mills
I registered an account on mediawiki tried to post to the VisualEditor talk page. I immediate received this message:

This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and you have been prevented from executing it. In addition, to protect MediaWiki, your user account and all associated IP addresses have been blocked from editing. If this has occurred in error, please contact an administrator. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Specific spam

I certainly didn't try and post any spam. There's no clear guide on how to get unblocked anywhere. I can't post anywhere to ask because the site blocks me. I found this mailing list, so maybe someone on the list can tell me?

Re: How do you get unblocked?

John Doe-27
What is your user name you registered with?

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 2:54 PM Damian Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I registered an account on mediawiki tried to post to the VisualEditor
> talk page. I immediate received this message:
>
> This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and you have
> been prevented from executing it. In addition, to protect MediaWiki, your
> user account and all associated IP addresses have been blocked from
> editing. If this has occurred in error, please contact an administrator. A
> brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Specific
> spam
>
> I certainly didn't try and post any spam. There's no clear guide on how to
> get unblocked anywhere. I can't post anywhere to ask because the site
> blocks me. I found this mailing list, so maybe someone on the list can tell
> me?

Re: How do you get unblocked?

Damian Mills
My username is: Shtzdba

Thanks for looking.

What is your user name you registered with?

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 2:54 PM Damian Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I registered an account on mediawiki tried to post to the VisualEditor
> talk page. I immediate received this message:
>
> This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and you have
> been prevented from executing it. In addition, to protect MediaWiki,
> your user account and all associated IP addresses have been blocked
> from editing. If this has occurred in error, please contact an
> administrator. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action
> matched is: Specific spam
>
> I certainly didn't try and post any spam. There's no clear guide on
> how to get unblocked anywhere. I can't post anywhere to ask because
> the site blocks me. I found this mailing list, so maybe someone on the
> list can tell me?

Re: How do you get unblocked?

John Doe-27
Looks like you hit the abuse filter, an automated anti-abuse system. In
your case it thought your action matched that of a spammer (abuse filter
47) however it looks like an admin already reviewed this and unblocked you

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 4:05 PM Damian Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My username is: Shtzdba
>
> Thanks for looking.

Re: How do you get unblocked?

Damian Mills
Yes it's unblocked. Thank you so much!

Looks like you hit the abuse filter, an automated anti-abuse system. In your case it thought your action matched that of a spammer (abuse filter
47) however it looks like an admin already reviewed this and unblocked you

On Thu, Oct 24, 2019 at 4:05 PM Damian Mills <[hidden email]> wrote:

> My username is: Shtzdba
>
> Thanks for looking.

[MediaWiki-l] Echo mailman any rewards for headsup:?

Martine Van Ravenzwaaij
Peace

Re: Echo mailman any rewards for headsup:?

Martine Van Ravenzwaaij
Re: Echo mailman any rewards for headsup:?

Op 24-okt.-2019 22:47 schreef Jeremy teunissen <[hidden email]>:

Peace

Re: How do you get unblocked?

Martine Van Ravenzwaaij
John u there

Re: How do you get unblocked?

Martine Van Ravenzwaaij
I get a mail of the requests and awnsers
Any rewards for reporting Safety issue?

Re: Echo mailman any rewards for headsup:?

WikiMedia General mailing list
Please do not spam the MediaWiki mailing list. Thank you.
-- Amanda

On Thursday, October 24, 2019, 4:48 PM, Martine Van Ravenzwaaij <[hidden email]> wrote:

Re: Echo mailman any rewards for headsup:?

Op 24-okt.-2019 22:47 schreef Jeremy teunissen <[hidden email]>:

Peace

Re: How do you get unblocked?

Martin Urbanec
Safety, or security? Security issues are to be reported at
[hidden email]. I'm not aware of any bounty program, but you can
ask there, too.

Martin Urbanec