[MediaWiki-l] How to dynamically fill a page with form entries?

[MediaWiki-l] How to dynamically fill a page with form entries?

lmarcini
Hello,

On Dokuwiki 1.25.5, I need help for something I done with Dokuwiki
before (with Bureaucracy and Pagemod plugins).

It concerns a registration for a small conference/workshop and I want to
have two pages :
- a registration page: people enters name, location and e-mail into a form,
- a participants list page: dynamically generated with the previously
entered informations.

I don't know how I can do that on Mediawiki ! :-(

Thank you for your help.
Laurent.

Re: How to dynamically fill a page with form entries?

chris tharp-2
Basically you can do that using the Semantic Forms extension &/or Semantic Mediawiki extension &/or Cargo Extension. You'll face a learning curve mastering Semantic Forms and one of the above extensions, but it can be done. Additionally you could use a Google Form embed from the Widgets extension and have the results go to an email that reports to a spreadsheet and than embed the spreadsheet (using the Widget extension again). The other possibility is using the NamespaceHTML extension and using a form company (like Jotform) to create the form & the report page (and embed them).

Well that's three options and I'm sure others will have more.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Feb 12, 2016, at 7:49 AM, lmarcini <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> On Dokuwiki 1.25.5, I need help for something I done with Dokuwiki
> before (with Bureaucracy and Pagemod plugins).
>
> It concerns a registration for a small conference/workshop and I want to
> have two pages :
> - a registration page: people enters name, location and e-mail into a form,
> - a participants list page: dynamically generated with the previously
> entered informations.
>
> I don't know how I can do that on Mediawiki ! :-(
>
> Thank you for your help.
> Laurent.

Re: How to dynamically fill a page with form entries?

Jan Steinman-2
Yet another way is the extension PostForm.

It will let you easily create an arbitrary form, which then can be emailed to you or written to a MySQL table.

I don’t recommend using it without clipping a line that puts everything into a log file that is in the website space, and which can be found by search engines! It also has a bug that clips the return results if any multi-byte characters are entered.

Another issue is spam. I have been working on a mod that puts a simple CAPTCHA challenge on it, but I don’t understand XSL well enough to plop it in easily. I had a bot attack, and was getting over 100 spams PER HOUR, and had to turn the page off. Now, it is only available via secret link that I send to people who need to fill in the form.