[MediaWiki-l] How to get the statcounter extension working?

[MediaWiki-l] How to get the statcounter extension working?

Sharon Kimble

Has anyone been able to get the 'statcounter' extension to work with
mediawiki and foreground please? I have it installed and the only thing
that it seems to do is to add 'Site statistics' into the sidebar. There
are no calls to its home site, nothing! I've set it up as per the
extensions homepage at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:StatCounter.com_Integration but
it just isn't working for me.

I do have these other extensions installed though -

wfLoadExtension( 'TextExtracts' );
wfLoadExtension( 'PageImages' );
wfLoadExtension( 'Popups' );
wfLoadExtension( 'CiteThisPage' );
wfLoadExtension( 'Gadgets' );

Thanks
Sharon.
TGmeds = http://www.tgmeds.org.uk
DrugFacts = https://www.drugfacts.org.uk
Debian 8.6, fluxbox 1.3.5-2, emacs 25.1.1.1

Re: How to get the statcounter extension working?

nischay nahata
Hi,

Here's a bunch of thnigs you can try.

1) You can have a look at the other websites where its installed and
working https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Extension:StatCounter.com_Integration

2) Try it with a different skin, Vector maybe.

3) Enable debugging and see if you get an error.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:How_to_debug

Regards,
Nischay Nahata

Nischay Nahata <[hidden email]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Here's a bunch of thnigs you can try.

Thanks for replying Nischay.

> 1) You can have a look at the other websites where its installed and
> working
> https://wikiapiary.com/wiki/Extension:StatCounter.com_Integration

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get through to the other sites using that
url, they just didn't seem to have the urls.

> 2) Try it with a different skin, Vector maybe.

This was very interesting. Using 'vector' the statcounter-site ID's were
given and there seemed to be no problem. However, when using
'foreground' and the exact same previous page of mine, the
statcounter-site ID's didn't show at all. There was no attempt made to
contact statcounter at all. So thats where the problem is lying, fair
and square on foreground, so I'll now taslkt to the foreground devs hopefully, and see if they can help further.

Thanks
Sharon.