[MediaWiki-l] How to get the top-3 viewed wiki page?

[MediaWiki-l] How to get the top-3 viewed wiki page?

Jingyi C. Shi
Dear all,

I want to get the top-3 viewed pages in my wiki site. Do you know how to do
that?

Looking forward to your help.

Thanks,
Jingyi

Re: How to get the top-3 viewed wiki page?

Pine W
Hi Jingyi,

As far as I know, MediaWiki doesn't include analytics tools.  I would
recommend checking your server logs for pageview data. Also, you could
consider installing 3rd party analytics tools.

Pine
On Apr 11, 2016 16:36, "Jingyi C. Shi" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I want to get the top-3 viewed pages in my wiki site. Do you know how to do
> that?
>
> Looking forward to your help.
>
> Thanks,
> Jingyi

Re: How to get the top-3 viewed wiki page?

Benjamin Lees
MediaWiki used to include a built-in feature for counting views.
Unfortunately, there were some fundamental problems with the way it
was implemented, so it was removed.  If you want the feature and are
okay with those problems, you can install this extension:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:HitCounters
If you want good data, though, you should integrate Google Analytics
or a FLOSS alternative.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Web_Analytics_extensions has a
few different implementations.