[MediaWiki-l] How to import templates from Wikipedia?

[MediaWiki-l] How to import templates from Wikipedia?

Moritz Schubotz-2
Hi,

I created a copy of the math-related Articles in Wikipedia EN, to
demonstrate the LaTeXML math renderer

http://demo.formulasearchengine.com/index.php/Great-circle_distance

However it looks somehow ugly since the templates are not included.
Is there a way to copy or somehow transclude the pages via
wgEnableScaryTranscluding without to add a prefix manually.
For example in the page above I don't want to change anything to the
source. And the template
{{Reflist}}
should include the template
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Reflist

Efficiency is not an issue since this is only a demo page.

Best
Moritz

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Moritz Schubotz

  Telefon (Büro):  +49 30 314 22784
  Telefon (Privat):+49 30 488 27330
  E-Mail: [hidden email]
  Web: http://www.physikerwelt.de
  Skype: Schubi87
  ICQ: 200302764
  Msn: [hidden email]

Re: How to import templates from Wikipedia?

John Doe-27
How many articles did you copy and how did you export/import them?

On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM, Moritz Schubotz <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I created a copy of the math-related Articles in Wikipedia EN, to
> demonstrate the LaTeXML math renderer
>
> http://demo.formulasearchengine.com/index.php/Great-circle_distance
>
> However it looks somehow ugly since the templates are not included.
> Is there a way to copy or somehow transclude the pages via
> wgEnableScaryTranscluding without to add a prefix manually.
> For example in the page above I don't want to change anything to the
> source. And the template
> {{Reflist}}
> should include the template
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:Reflist
>
> Efficiency is not an issue since this is only a demo page.
>
> Best
> Moritz
>
> --
> Mit freundlichen Grüßen
> Moritz Schubotz
>
>   Telefon (Büro):  +49 30 314 22784
>   Telefon (Privat):+49 30 488 27330
>   E-Mail: [hidden email]
>   Web: http://www.physikerwelt.de
>   Skype: Schubi87
>   ICQ: 200302764
>   Msn: [hidden email]

Re: How to import templates from Wikipedia?

Moritz Schubotz-2
Hi,

I downloaded all articles as xml dump and exported all that contained
math with that script
http://www.formulasearchengine.com/Wikipdia_Articles_with_math

Afterwards I used the importDump.php script.

According to
http://demo.formulasearchengine.com/index.php/Special:Statistics
this are about 28k articles.

Best