[MediaWiki-l] How to remove the CheckUser group on a wiki?

[MediaWiki-l] How to remove the CheckUser group on a wiki?

Amanda Quad
Hello,
I am currently hosting a wiki through the provider Miraheze. One of the configuration changes that I made to my wiki is that I grandfathered oversight and checkuser rights into the “steward” group, which is what Miraheze uses for its “staff” group, and then I unset the oversight and checkuser groups to remove them in the config.
The oversight group was removed, however the checkuser group still exists, despite
unset( $wgGroupPermissions[‘checkuser’] );
being in the configuration. Does anyone know how to fix this? Even the sysadmins at Miraheze appear to be a little confused/unsure.
Thanks,Amanda

Re: How to remove the CheckUser group on a wiki?

kghbln
Heiya Amanda,

this should help in your case:

$wgExtensionFunctions[] = function() {
        if( array_key_exists( 'checkuser', $GLOBALS['wgGroupPermissions'] ) ) {
                unset( $GLOBALS['wgGroupPermissions']['checkuser'] );
        }
};

I remove the staff group provided by the EditAccount extension
similarily without issues. I guess this has to be done every time an
extension adds a new user group.

Cheers Karsten

Am 25.07.2018 um 16:33 schrieb Amanda Quad:

> Hello,
> I am currently hosting a wiki through the provider Miraheze. One of the configuration changes that I made to my wiki is that I grandfathered oversight and checkuser rights into the “steward” group, which is what Miraheze uses for its “staff” group, and then I unset the oversight and checkuser groups to remove them in the config.
> The oversight group was removed, however the checkuser group still exists, despite
> unset( $wgGroupPermissions[‘checkuser’] );
> being in the configuration. Does anyone know how to fix this? Even the sysadmins at Miraheze appear to be a little confused/unsure.
> Thanks,Amanda

Re: How to remove the CheckUser group on a wiki?

Amanda Quad
Success, thanks.
— Amanda