Quantcast

[MediaWiki-l] Keeps saying A LocalSettings.php file has been detected.

[MediaWiki-l] Keeps saying A LocalSettings.php file has been detected.

Andrius D. Ilgunas
But I don't *HAVE* a LocalSetting.php file yet. This happens either when I
do a "git clone/composer update" install, or a vanilla "tarball/extract"
install. I hit up http://mysite.dev/mw-config/index.php, and it dutifully
reports that:

MediaWiki 1.28.1

LocalSettings.php not found.

Please complete the installation <http://mysite.dev/mw-config/index.php> and
download LocalSettings.php.

But on the page following it errors out with:

A LocalSettings.php file has been detected. To upgrade this installation,
please enter the value of $wgUpgradeKey in the box below. You will find it
in LocalSettings.php.

Installer be crazy.

I've cleared my cache, used a different browser, erased the ~/.composer
directory, deleted the directory/tried again and various combinations of
trying to "reset" this, but I'm still prompted with the error.

Occasionally, though, I run across this error too:

*Fatal error*: Class 'ComposerAutoloaderInit_mediawiki_vendor' not found in
*/usr/local/www/wiki/vendor/autoload.php* on line *7*

Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?

--
Andrius

Re: Keeps saying A LocalSettings.php file has been detected.

G Rundlett
Did you also do an installation via package manager?

On Apr 27, 2017 11:49 AM, "Andrius D. Ilgunas" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> But I don't *HAVE* a LocalSetting.php file yet. This happens either when I
> do a "git clone/composer update" install, or a vanilla "tarball/extract"
> install. I hit up http://mysite.dev/mw-config/index.php, and it dutifully
> reports that:
>
> MediaWiki 1.28.1
>
> LocalSettings.php not found.
>
> Please complete the installation <http://mysite.dev/mw-config/index.php>
> and
> download LocalSettings.php.
>
> But on the page following it errors out with:
>
> A LocalSettings.php file has been detected. To upgrade this installation,
> please enter the value of $wgUpgradeKey in the box below. You will find it
> in LocalSettings.php.
>

> Installer be crazy.
>
> I've cleared my cache, used a different browser, erased the ~/.composer
> directory, deleted the directory/tried again and various combinations of
> trying to "reset" this, but I'm still prompted with the error.
>
> Occasionally, though, I run across this error too:
>
> *Fatal error*: Class 'ComposerAutoloaderInit_mediawiki_vendor' not found
> in
> */usr/local/www/wiki/vendor/autoload.php* on line *7*
>

> Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?
>
> --
> Andrius

Re: Keeps saying A LocalSettings.php file has been detected.

Andrius D. Ilgunas
I hadn't tried that, preferring to stay away from cluttering up the system
as a whole.

However, I was able to discover a work-around. I bypassed the browser
install by using the maintenance/install.php script. But that doesn't fix
the problem.

Still, these symptoms scream "cache" somewhere, and for the life of me, I
can't imagine where.

In any event, I'll post back here if a proper solution is discovered, if
only to help anyone else.  Then again, according to Google, I'm the only
person on the Internets to have come across these symptoms.

--
Andrius

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 9:45 PM, G Rundlett <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Did you also do an installation via package manager?
>
> On Apr 27, 2017 11:49 AM, "Andrius D. Ilgunas" <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > But I don't *HAVE* a LocalSetting.php file yet. This happens either when
> > do a "git clone/composer update" install, or a vanilla "tarball/extract"
> > install. I hit up http://mysite.dev/mw-config/index.php, and it
> dutifully
> > reports that:
> >
> > MediaWiki 1.28.1
> >
> > LocalSettings.php not found.
> >
> > Please complete the installation <http://mysite.dev/mw-config/index.php>
> > and
> > download LocalSettings.php.
> >
> > But on the page following it errors out with:
> >
> > A LocalSettings.php file has been detected. To upgrade this installation,
> > please enter the value of $wgUpgradeKey in the box below. You will find
> it
> > in LocalSettings.php.
> >

> > Installer be crazy.
> >
> > I've cleared my cache, used a different browser, erased the ~/.composer
> > directory, deleted the directory/tried again and various combinations of
> > trying to "reset" this, but I'm still prompted with the error.
> >
> > Occasionally, though, I run across this error too:
> >
> > *Fatal error*: Class 'ComposerAutoloaderInit_mediawiki_vendor' not found
> > in
> > */usr/local/www/wiki/vendor/autoload.php* on line *7*
> >

> > Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?
> >
> > --
> > Andrius

Re: Keeps saying A LocalSettings.php file has been detected.

Greg Rundlett (freephile)
maybe "locate LocalSettings.php" will help you find where the other is
being detected (assuming linux)

Greg Rundlett
https://eQuality-Tech.com
https://freephile.org

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Andrius D. Ilgunas <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I hadn't tried that, preferring to stay away from cluttering up the system
> as a whole.
>
> However, I was able to discover a work-around. I bypassed the browser
> install by using the maintenance/install.php script. But that doesn't fix
> the problem.
>
> Still, these symptoms scream "cache" somewhere, and for the life of me, I
> can't imagine where.
>
> In any event, I'll post back here if a proper solution is discovered, if
> only to help anyone else.  Then again, according to Google, I'm the only
> person on the Internets to have come across these symptoms.
>

> --
> Andrius
>
> On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 9:45 PM, G Rundlett <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > Did you also do an installation via package manager?
> >
> > On Apr 27, 2017 11:49 AM, "Andrius D. Ilgunas" <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > But I don't *HAVE* a LocalSetting.php file yet. This happens either
> when
> > > do a "git clone/composer update" install, or a vanilla
> "tarball/extract"
> > > install. I hit up http://mysite.dev/mw-config/index.php, and it
> > dutifully
> > > reports that:
> > >
> > > MediaWiki 1.28.1
> > >
> > > LocalSettings.php not found.
> > >
> > > Please complete the installation <http://mysite.dev/mw-config/
> index.php>
> > > and
> > > download LocalSettings.php.
> > >
> > > But on the page following it errors out with:
> > >
> > > A LocalSettings.php file has been detected. To upgrade this
> installation,
> > > please enter the value of $wgUpgradeKey in the box below. You will find
> > it
> > > in LocalSettings.php.
> > >

> > > Installer be crazy.
> > >
> > > I've cleared my cache, used a different browser, erased the ~/.composer
> > > directory, deleted the directory/tried again and various combinations
> of
> > > trying to "reset" this, but I'm still prompted with the error.
> > >
> > > Occasionally, though, I run across this error too:
> > >
> > > *Fatal error*: Class 'ComposerAutoloaderInit_mediawiki_vendor' not
> found
> > > in
> > > */usr/local/www/wiki/vendor/autoload.php* on line *7*
> > >

> > > Does anyone have an idea of what might be causing this?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Andrius

Re: Keeps saying A LocalSettings.php file has been detected.

Andrius D. Ilgunas
Well, it's on a FBSD server (which *can* have locate, provided it's
updated), but the issue isn't that I'm unable to find the file, but rather
that LocalSettings.php doesn't even exist at that point of the
installation. The very first time that I point my browser to the installer,
it clearly states:

MediaWiki 1.28.1

LocalSettings.php not found.

Please complete the installation <http://mysite.dev/mw-config/index.php> and
download LocalSettings.php.

In any event, the work-around got me through the installation.

--
Andrius

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 9:54 AM, Greg Rundlett (freephile) <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> maybe "locate LocalSettings.php" will help you find where the other is
> being detected (assuming linux)
>
> Greg Rundlett
> https://eQuality-Tech.com
> https://freephile.org
>
> On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 11:40 AM, Andrius D. Ilgunas <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>
> > I hadn't tried that, preferring to stay away from cluttering up the
> system
> > as a whole.
> >
> > However, I was able to discover a work-around. I bypassed the browser
> > install by using the maintenance/install.php script. But that doesn't fix
> > the problem.
> >
> > Still, these symptoms scream "cache" somewhere, and for the life of me, I
> > can't imagine where.
> >
> > In any event, I'll post back here if a proper solution is discovered, if
> > only to help anyone else.  Then again, according to Google, I'm the only
> > person on the Internets to have come across these symptoms.
> >

> > --
> > Andrius
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 9:45 PM, G Rundlett <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Did you also do an installation via package manager?

> > when
> > "tarball/extract"
> > > dutifully

> > index.php>

> > installation,
> find
> > > it

> ~/.composer
> > of

> > found

Re: Keeps saying A LocalSettings.php file has been detected.

Tom Hutchison
Curious, is this a brand-new install, never had a wiki before? Did the install error? Browser Cache? Try incognito mode.

Did you check for a hidden .htaccess file? Apache or Nginx? Did you enable rewrites before actually installing?

Tom

Yes, it is curious.

--
Andrius

On Fri, Apr 28, 2017 at 10:27 PM, Tom <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Curious, is this a brand-new install, never had a wiki before?

I was creating a few wikis at that time. So they were all new.

> Did the install error?

One did, but now I can't remember what it was, but I worked through that
error.  It was a second wiki instance that I came across these symptoms.

> Browser Cache? Try incognito mode.

Yah, that was my first thought too.I cleared the cache, tried a different
browser, but still came across the same symptoms. However, I did NOT try
incognito. That's a good suggestion.  But I agree with you that this
'feels' something caching.  I just couldn't figure out what, especially
since I tried a second browser.

And then there was the other error of:

*Fatal error*: Class 'ComposerAutoloaderInit_mediawiki_vendor' not found in
 */usr/local/www/wiki/vendor/autoload.php* on line *7

But I did run a composer update.  I don't think this is related to the
LocalSettings [not] found symptom, but there it is.

> Did you check for a hidden .htaccess file? Apache or Nginx? Did you enable
> rewrites before actually installing?

These all are being served by nginx/php-fpm. Do I did neither check for
.htaccess or enable rewrite.

And according to Google, I seem to be the only person to have every come
across this symptom.

But, as I mentioned earlier, my work-around was to install it via the
maintenance/install.sh script, which I would presume bypassed any browser
caching.  I'm considering this closed, but it's here for posterity, JUST in
case a second person ever comes across this error.

Thanks for responding!