[MediaWiki-l] Load from a wget crawl

Rick Leir
Hi all
Oops. I have a wget crawl of an old wikimedia site, and would like to load it into a newly installed wikimedia. No easy way, I am almost sure. Please tell me if I missed something. Cheers -- Rick

Re: Load from a wget crawl

Brian Wolff
Yeah, that's basically impossible.

Maybe you could try and use parsoid to convert the html into
wikitext-ish stuff (but it would be lossy as its not parsoid-html
that's being converted) and also would still involve some programming
to connect all the parts.

--
Brian

On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Rick Leir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all
> Oops. I have a wget crawl of an old wikimedia site, and would like to load it into a newly installed wikimedia. No easy way, I am almost sure. Please tell me if I missed something. Cheers -- Rick
> --
> Sorry for being brief. Alternate email is rickleir at yahoo dot com

Re: Load from a wget crawl

G Rundlett
You could try my html2wiki extension

On May 3, 2017 7:17 PM, "Brian Wolff" <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yeah, that's basically impossible.
>
> Maybe you could try and use parsoid to convert the html into
> wikitext-ish stuff (but it would be lossy as its not parsoid-html
> that's being converted) and also would still involve some programming
> to connect all the parts.
>
> --
> Brian
>
> On Wed, May 3, 2017 at 5:44 PM, Rick Leir <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all
> > Oops. I have a wget crawl of an old wikimedia site, and would like to
> load it into a newly installed wikimedia. No easy way, I am almost sure.
> Please tell me if I missed something. Cheers -- Rick
> > --
> > Sorry for being brief. Alternate email is rickleir at yahoo dot com

Re: Load from a wget crawl

Rick Leir
Thanks, that looks promising!