[MediaWiki-l] Math extension

Brenton Horne
Hi,

I would like to be able to render chemical reactions properly (e.g., the
way that \ce does in MathJax [an example of successful rendering using
this package may be found here
http://chemistry.stackexchange.com/a/5338/876], I have tried this on my
local MW installation if you're wondering and the \ce was left unparsed)
in LaTeX, via the math extension, is this possible?

Thanks for your time,
Brenton

Re: Math extension

Moritz Schubotz-2
Hi Brenton,

in general this is very possible.
Please file a bug at https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/.
However, the math extension needs more developers... Currently I'm the
only active developer. To ensure code quality at least two developers
are required so that one can review the code of the other person.

Best
Physikewelt

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 8:10 AM, Brenton Horne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to be able to render chemical reactions properly (e.g., the way
> that \ce does in MathJax [an example of successful rendering using this
> package may be found here http://chemistry.stackexchange.com/a/5338/876], I
> have tried this on my local MW installation if you're wondering and the \ce
> was left unparsed) in LaTeX, via the math extension, is this possible?
>
> Thanks for your time,
> Brenton

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
Moritz Schubotz