[MediaWiki-l] MediaWiki Security and Maintenance Releases: 1.19.24, 1.23.9, and 1.24.2

[MediaWiki-l] MediaWiki Security and Maintenance Releases: 1.19.24, 1.23.9, and 1.24.2

Martin Ewing
<https://lists.wikimedia.org/pipermail/mediawiki-l/2015-March/044200.html>I was also
caught up trying to patch 1.23.8 to present level.  No Gruntfile.js or test directory.

I appreciate the need to talk about distributions, but meanwhile it would be nice to
have a valid patch procedure for users like me who just want to get current.

Or do we have to reload the whole distribution?

Tnx  Martin

Re: MediaWiki Security and Maintenance Releases: 1.19.24, 1.23.9, and 1.24.2

Larry Silverman
I'm with you, Martin.

I pulled down the 1.23.8 tarball and there is no /tests folder within it.
Therefore, even if I'd installed from source as of 1.23.8, I'd be stuck
trying to apply the latest patch.

Ultimately I hand-edited the patch file to remove all the diffs relating to
the tests folder..

Regards,
Larry