[MediaWiki-l] Membership-Subscription Front of Wiki site?

[MediaWiki-l] Membership-Subscription Front of Wiki site?

Maureen Mead

Hello, I have not done a lot of work with MediaWiki but a client has quite an extensive site.

He would like to add a subscription/membership front door to the site so that people can subscribe and then access the thousands of pages of research.

1. Is this possible?
2. What do you recommend?

I am a beginner with Mediawiki, but have basic knowledge and can read instructions. My sense tells me I might perhaps install a front door with a system that links to the Wiki site, but am looking for recommendations.

Is here a pay wall extension? or perhaps a program like Amember?  (It is installed on another client’s site and handles donations, memberships, etc.)

I’m just not sure and appreciate your advice.

Thank you, Maureen

Maureen Mead

Re: Membership-Subscription Front of Wiki site?

nischay nahata
I guess you can make the pages readable only for logged in users, there's
quite a bunch of extensions for that.

You will also need to disable self account creation, new user requests will
need to be approved by the admin.