[MediaWiki-l] Mermaid 1.0.0 released

kghbln
Hello everyone,

I am happy to announce the initial release 1.0.0 of the Mermaid
extension [0] created by James Hong Kong. It requires MediaWiki 1.27 and
later as well as PHP 5.6 and later.

It provides the #mermaid parser function to support the generation of
diagrams and flowcharts with the help of the mermaid script language,
e.g. flowcharts, sequence diagrams and gantt diagrams. See the README
[1] to learn what this extension is all about.

Cheers Karsten

[0] https://bit.ly/mermaid-100
[1] https://bit.ly/mermaid-readme

Re: Mermaid 1.0.0 released

Ad Strack van Schijndel
Hi Karsten,

That looks nice! One question comes to mind and I have not been able to find the answer. Is it or will it be able to turn titles or objects into links to wiki pages?

Ad

On 1/16/18, 10:44 AM, "MediaWiki-l on behalf of [[kgh]]" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:

    Hello everyone,

    I am happy to announce the initial release 1.0.0 of the Mermaid
    extension [0] created by James Hong Kong. It requires MediaWiki 1.27 and
    later as well as PHP 5.6 and later.

    It provides the #mermaid parser function to support the generation of
    diagrams and flowcharts with the help of the mermaid script language,
    e.g. flowcharts, sequence diagrams and gantt diagrams. See the README
    [1] to learn what this extension is all about.

    Cheers Karsten

    [0] https://bit.ly/mermaid-100
    [1] https://bit.ly/mermaid-readme

Re: Mermaid 1.0.0 released

kghbln
Heiya Ad,

yes, you can, but you have to do it the Mermaid way. We are however
talking about a new tab in the browser when you click. I added an
example the the example page.

Cheers Karsten

Am 16.01.2018 um 13:23 schrieb Ad Strack van Schijndel:

> Hi Karsten,
>
> That looks nice! One question comes to mind and I have not been able to find the answer. Is it or will it be able to turn titles or objects into links to wiki pages?
>
> Ad
>
> On 1/16/18, 10:44 AM, "MediaWiki-l on behalf of [[kgh]]" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone,
>
>     I am happy to announce the initial release 1.0.0 of the Mermaid
>     extension [0] created by James Hong Kong. It requires MediaWiki 1.27 and
>     later as well as PHP 5.6 and later.
>
>     It provides the #mermaid parser function to support the generation of
>     diagrams and flowcharts with the help of the mermaid script language,
>     e.g. flowcharts, sequence diagrams and gantt diagrams. See the README
>     [1] to learn what this extension is all about.
>
>     Cheers Karsten
>
>     [0] https://bit.ly/mermaid-100
>     [1] https://bit.ly/mermaid-readme

Re: Mermaid 1.0.0 released

rkevans
I'm working with Mermaid on my EMW site (love it, thank you) and I have a few questions about the Gantt chart documentation. Where is the best place to ask my questions? --- Specifically, I wish to set the end date of a task to be the completion date of another task.. [how] is that possible?

-Rich

yes, you can, but you have to do it the Mermaid way. We are however talking about a new tab in the browser when you click. I added an example the the example page.

Cheers Karsten

Am 16.01.2018 um 13:23 schrieb Ad Strack van Schijndel:

> Hi Karsten,
>
> That looks nice! One question comes to mind and I have not been able to find the answer. Is it or will it be able to turn titles or objects into links to wiki pages?
>
> Ad
>
> On 1/16/18, 10:44 AM, "MediaWiki-l on behalf of [[kgh]]" <[hidden email] on behalf of [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>     Hello everyone,
>
>     I am happy to announce the initial release 1.0.0 of the Mermaid
>     extension [0] created by James Hong Kong. It requires MediaWiki 1.27 and
>     later as well as PHP 5.6 and later.
>
>     It provides the #mermaid parser function to support the generation of
>     diagrams and flowcharts with the help of the mermaid script language,
>     e.g. flowcharts, sequence diagrams and gantt diagrams. See the README
>     [1] to learn what this extension is all about.
>
>     Cheers Karsten
>
>     [0] https://bit.ly/mermaid-100
>     [1] https://bit.ly/mermaid-readme

Re: Mermaid 1.0.0 released

kghbln
Heiya Rich,

thanks for taking a peep at the Mermaid extension. I basically pipes
existing Mermaid syntax for display on wiki pages via the provided
parser function.

The Mermaid docu is at this spot: [0] while examples are on that spot:
[1] which may very well be extended. :) If something is not documented
at [0] it will not work for the Mermaid extension. If something is
documented but not working with the Mermaid extension you probably found
a bug that may be reported here: [2].

Since the Mermaid extension is not yet? supported by SRF the more
general "mediawiki-l" list seems to be the more appropriate spot at the
moment.

Admittedly I have not yet looked into the abyss of the Mermaid syntax
docu [0] so I cannot answer you question "aus der kalten Lamäng". [3] ;)

Cheers Karsten

[0] https://mermaidjs.github.io/
[1] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Mermaid
[2] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/Mermaid/issues
[3] https://www.dict.cc/?s=aus+der+lam%C3%A4ng

Am 29.01.2018 um 16:24 schrieb Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000):

> I'm working with Mermaid on my EMW site (love it, thank you) and I have a few questions about the Gantt chart documentation. Where is the best place to ask my questions? --- Specifically, I wish to set the end date of a task to be the completion date of another task.. [how] is that possible?
>
> -Rich

Heiya Karsten,

Thanks for responding (y) .. hmm .. if I'm limited to what is listed at [0], then my list of features I can enjoy with respect to what Mermaid scripting makes possible is fairly limited. Bummer.

Continued thanks!
-Rich

thanks for taking a peep at the Mermaid extension. I basically pipes existing Mermaid syntax for display on wiki pages via the provided parser function.

The Mermaid docu is at this spot: [0] while examples are on that spot:
[1] which may very well be extended. :) If something is not documented at [0] it will not work for the Mermaid extension. If something is documented but not working with the Mermaid extension you probably found a bug that may be reported here: [2].

Since the Mermaid extension is not yet? supported by SRF the more general "mediawiki-l" list seems to be the more appropriate spot at the moment.

Admittedly I have not yet looked into the abyss of the Mermaid syntax docu [0] so I cannot answer you question "aus der kalten Lamäng". [3] ;)

Cheers Karsten

[0] https://mermaidjs.github.io/
[1] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Mermaid
[2] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/Mermaid/issues
[3] https://www.dict.cc/?s=aus+der+lam%C3%A4ng

Am 29.01.2018 um 16:24 schrieb Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000):

> I'm working with Mermaid on my EMW site (love it, thank you) and I have a few questions about the Gantt chart documentation. Where is the best place to ask my questions? --- Specifically, I wish to set the end date of a task to be the completion date of another task.. [how] is that possible?
>
> -Rich

Probably not a surprise to anyone with experience with mermaid, but it appears to me that Mermaid based content isn't compatible with IE11. Neither the Semantic Mediawiki sandbox pages [0], nor the mermaid live editor [1] .. and not least of which, my own site. I can see from keyword searches that this has been heavily discussed in 2016 and 2017.. but it is not clear to me if there is an established solution for this issue? Does anyone know? .. If not.. I will have to abandon this extremely desirable extension.

-Rich (revansx)

[0] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Mermaid_-_gantt_chart
[1] https://mermaidjs.github.io/mermaid-live-editor/

Thanks for responding (y) .. hmm .. if I'm limited to what is listed at [0], then my list of features I can enjoy with respect to what Mermaid scripting makes possible is fairly limited. Bummer.

Continued thanks!
-Rich

thanks for taking a peep at the Mermaid extension. I basically pipes existing Mermaid syntax for display on wiki pages via the provided parser function.

The Mermaid docu is at this spot: [0] while examples are on that spot:
[1] which may very well be extended. :) If something is not documented at [0] it will not work for the Mermaid extension. If something is documented but not working with the Mermaid extension you probably found a bug that may be reported here: [2].

Since the Mermaid extension is not yet? supported by SRF the more general "mediawiki-l" list seems to be the more appropriate spot at the moment.

Admittedly I have not yet looked into the abyss of the Mermaid syntax docu [0] so I cannot answer you question "aus der kalten Lamäng". [3] ;)

Cheers Karsten

[0] https://mermaidjs.github.io/
[1] https://sandbox.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Mermaid
[2] https://github.com/SemanticMediaWiki/Mermaid/issues
[3] https://www.dict.cc/?s=aus+der+lam%C3%A4ng

Am 29.01.2018 um 16:24 schrieb Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000):

> I'm working with Mermaid on my EMW site (love it, thank you) and I have a few questions about the Gantt chart documentation. Where is the best place to ask my questions? --- Specifically, I wish to set the end date of a task to be the completion date of another task.. [how] is that possible?
>
> -Rich

Sébastien Santoro
The Mermaid documentation now includes this extension:

https://github.com/mermaidjs/mermaid-gitbook/commit/dc9b636d33c229b82243dff8d6639f81e4b35395

Sébastien Santoro aka Dereckson
http://www.dereckson.be/