[MediaWiki-l] Method for crafting an edit link that shows Read page if page already exists?

[MediaWiki-l] Method for crafting an edit link that shows Read page if page already exists?

Larry Silverman
I'm looking for a quick or clever method to achieve the following:

Site A (not a wiki) has a "Create page" link to the wiki to create a new
page and pre-fill it with a template.

But if the wiki page already exists (does not actually need to be created),
what I really want to have happen is to have the user get redirected to the
page in Read mode, not Edit mode.

Is there a way to construct a URL such that mediawiki will check if the
page already exists, and upon an edit request, redirect instead to the Read
page?

Thanks!

Larry

Re: Method for crafting an edit link that shows Read page if page already exists?

Larry Silverman
A member of my team found a solution: querystring argument redlink=1. It's
documented here:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual_talk:Creating_pages_with_preloaded_text#Preloading_from_redlinks

Larry Silverman
Chief Technology Officer