[MediaWiki-l] PAGESINCATEGORY discrepancy

[MediaWiki-l] PAGESINCATEGORY discrepancy

David Newman
Hi,
I've been creating and uploading animated images to the Commons Stroke
order Project.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Stroke_Order_Project

This URL has references to {{PAGESINCATEGORY:Order.gif stroke order images}}

The value displayed on this page is 391, whereas the category page shows
397.
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Order.gif_stroke_order_images

The images I upload I put into the license {{SOlicense}} as well as add
them to the category "Order.gif stroke order images".

I can't figure out what I am doing wrong because obviously the other 391
images uploaded by others are being counted.  This is the latest image I
have uploaded:

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%E5%87%AF-order.gif

Any ideas?  Thanks.

-Dave

Re: PAGESINCATEGORY discrepancy

Benjamin Lees
I purged[0] the first page, and it shows 405 now.  The category page
still shows 397, because it only counts files categorized in it, while
PAGESINCATEGORY counts subcategories too.  You probably want to use
{{PAGESINCATEGORY:Order.gif stroke order images|files}} instead.

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Purge

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 5:18 PM, David Newman <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I've been creating and uploading animated images to the Commons Stroke
> order Project.
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Commons:Stroke_Order_Project
>
> This URL has references to {{PAGESINCATEGORY:Order.gif stroke order images}}
>
> The value displayed on this page is 391, whereas the category page shows
> 397.
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Order.gif_stroke_order_images
>
> The images I upload I put into the license {{SOlicense}} as well as add
> them to the category "Order.gif stroke order images".
>
> I can't figure out what I am doing wrong because obviously the other 391
> images uploaded by others are being counted.  This is the latest image I
> have uploaded:
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:%E5%87%AF-order.gif
>
> Any ideas?  Thanks.
>
> -Dave