[MediaWiki-l] PHP Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_NAME in ...

[MediaWiki-l] PHP Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_NAME in ...

Jeffrey Walton
Hi Everyone,

We are working on CentOS 7 with PHP 7.1.8. We recently upgraded to
MediaWiki 1.30.

This should be my last question. We are re-adding skins and
extensions. When running update.php we encounter:

MediaWiki 1.30.0 Updater
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: SERVER_NAME in
/var/www/html/w/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 1507
PHP Notice:  Undefined index: SERVER_NAME in
/var/www/html/w/includes/GlobalFunctions.php on line 1507

Searching for the issue is turing up small stuff, like
https://wordpress.org/support/topic/php-notice-undefined-index-server_name-2/
. I found https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Stowqzxlreejgel2 and it
tells me to to use php_uname("n"), but I'm not sure what I am supposed
to do with it.

Is this something we need to worry about or take action for? Maybe add
php_uname("n") to LocalSettings.php? Something else?

(The hostname is pretty messed up because its a hosted environment.
The assigned hostname is "ftpit", but this machine is for a website
and wiki so it can use a domain name).

Thanks in advance,

Jeff