[MediaWiki-l] Protected page that only bureaucrats can edit

[MediaWiki-l] Protected page that only bureaucrats can edit

Al Johnson
Hello wiki pros,

Is there a way to restrict edits of a protected page to only bureaucrats?  Seems like it cannot be done.

Alternatively, I hierarchy of admins I guess might help; but not sure.

Thanks,
Al

Re: Protected page that only bureaucrats can edit

John Doe-27
Its easily doable see
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgRestrictionLevels and
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgRestrictionTypes

OQ

Re: Protected page that only bureaucrats can edit

OQ
I'm probably wrong, but without extensions it would at least require a new
namespace, if you don't want to lock down one of the existing ones.

OQ

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 5:41 PM, John <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Its easily doable see
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgRestrictionLevels

 That would be the config I forgot about :)

Re: Protected page that only bureaucrats can edit

John Doe-27
Overlord, its just a matter of defining a new protection level, and giving
associated permissions to crats, see the two links in the previous email

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 6:42 PM, OQ <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I'm probably wrong, but without extensions it would at least require a new
> namespace, if you don't want to lock down one of the existing ones.
> On Sep 19, 2013 5:39 PM, "Al" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Hello wiki pros,
> >
> > Is there a way to restrict edits of a protected page to only bureaucrats?
> > Seems like it cannot be done.
> >
> > Alternatively, I hierarchy of admins I guess might help; but not sure.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Al

Re: Protected page that only bureaucrats can edit

Al Johnson
Awesome!  Thanks John
al