[MediaWiki-l] RelatedArticles: Deprecating rendering in side bar

[MediaWiki-l] RelatedArticles: Deprecating rendering in side bar

Jon Robson-2
Attention sysops of projects that usef the RelatedArticles extension [1]

The reading web team recently updated this extension to render articles in
the footer of wikis rather than the traditional sidebar (as in Vector).

All Wikimedia wikis that use this extension are rendering related pages in
the footer. As a result we are now considering the deprecation of the
traditional rendering to avoid the maintenance of two rendering modes.

I have no idea if any projects outside Wikimedia are using this, but please
consider this email your opportunity to get your voice heard.

See also:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:RelatedArticles#Notice_of_deprecation_of_wgRelatedArticlesShowInSidebar

Thank you for your input!
Jon