[MediaWiki-l] Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

[MediaWiki-l] Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

Pine W
Hi folks,

I'm wondering if there are any MediaWiki skins that would make the
cascadia.wiki site look a bit more modern, something like wikimedia.org.bd.
Any sugguestions?

Pine

Re: Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

Paladox
Hi that skin does look nice maybe they could backport the skin to mediawiki. But anyways heres a list of all skins avalible for mediawiki
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:All_skins
There are probably more skins we are not aware of but those are a list of skins.
I think you may want to trial which skin looks modern to you. Probaly change the skin each day and decide which one you like.

     On Monday, 5 October 2015, 19:51, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

 Hi folks,

I'm wondering if there are any MediaWiki skins that would make the
cascadia.wiki site look a bit more modern, something like wikimedia.org.bd.
Any sugguestions?

Pine

Re: Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

chris tharp-2
Take a look at the Foreground skin.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 5, 2015, at 11:51 AM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>
> I'm wondering if there are any MediaWiki skins that would make the
> cascadia.wiki site look a bit more modern, something like wikimedia.org.bd.
> Any sugguestions?
>
> Pine

Re: Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

matt estela
Also the bootstrap/chameleon skin allows access to a range of modern looks.
Running it on my site:

http://www.tokeru.com/mayawiki

Bit fiddly to install, feels a _little_ slow, but I suspect that might be
me running it on a cheap dreamhost machine rather than the skin. Gonna test
that foreground skin at some point, see if it gets any faster.

On Tuesday, October 6, 2015, Chris Tharp <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Take a look at the Foreground skin.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 5, 2015, at 11:51 AM, Pine W <[hidden email] <javascript:;>>
> wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm wondering if there are any MediaWiki skins that would make the
> > cascadia.wiki site look a bit more modern, something like
> wikimedia.org.bd.
> > Any sugguestions?
> >
> > Pine

Re: Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

chris tharp-2
Here's a link to another version based off of bootstrap:

http://www.mediawikibootstrapskin.co.uk/index.php/Main_Page

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm wondering if there are any MediaWiki skins that would make the
> cascadia.wiki site look a bit more modern, something like wikimedia.org.bd
> .
> Any sugguestions?
>
> Pine

Re: Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

Ad Strack van Schijndel
And of course there is Chameleon https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Skin:Chameleon.

Op 6 okt. 2015, om 07:09 heeft chris tharp <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

Here's a link to another version based off of bootstrap:

http://www.mediawikibootstrapskin.co.uk/index.php/Main_Page

On Mon, Oct 5, 2015 at 11:51 AM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm wondering if there are any MediaWiki skins that would make the
> cascadia.wiki site look a bit more modern, something like wikimedia.org.bd
> .
> Any sugguestions?
>
> Pine

Re: Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

Isarra Yos
If you want to use an existing skin, all_skins is a bit flakey; you'll
probably want to looks specifically at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Skins_in_Wikimedia_version_control
as these are the ones that are likely to consistently be supported since
we can actually go through and update them when there are core changes.

On 05/10/15 18:56, Thomas Mulhall wrote:

> Hi that skin does look nice maybe they could backport the skin to mediawiki. But anyways heres a list of all skins avalible for mediawiki
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:All_skins
> There are probably more skins we are not aware of but those are a list of skins.
> I think you may want to trial which skin looks modern to you. Probaly change the skin each day and decide which one you like.
>

>       On Monday, 5 October 2015, 19:51, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>   Hi folks,
>
> I'm wondering if there are any MediaWiki skins that would make the
> cascadia.wiki site look a bit more modern, something like wikimedia.org.bd.
> Any sugguestions?
>
> Pine

Re: Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

Ad Strack van Schijndel
Are you sure this is a good advice?

None of the skins that were mentioned as good options are on that page. Some of the extensions that are on that page are definitely not modern-looking or aesthetically attractive.

Op 6 okt. 2015, om 16:19 heeft Isarra Yos <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:

If you want to use an existing skin, all_skins is a bit flakey; you'll probably want to looks specifically at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Skins_in_Wikimedia_version_control as these are the ones that are likely to consistently be supported since we can actually go through and update them when there are core changes.

On 05/10/15 18:56, Thomas Mulhall wrote:

> Hi that skin does look nice maybe they could backport the skin to mediawiki. But anyways heres a list of all skins avalible for mediawiki
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:All_skins
> There are probably more skins we are not aware of but those are a list of skins.
> I think you may want to trial which skin looks modern to you. Probaly change the skin each day and decide which one you like.
>

>      On Monday, 5 October 2015, 19:51, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>  Hi folks,
>
> I'm wondering if there are any MediaWiki skins that would make the
> cascadia.wiki site look a bit more modern, something like wikimedia.org.bd.
> Any sugguestions?
>
> Pine

Re: Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

George Barnick-2
There's Refreshed, which Brickipedia designed after moving off of Wikia.
Originally we meant to make it a skin to help transition Wikia users to a
more traditional MediaWiki setup, and since it's developed into a pretty
functional and "attractive" (although that's an opinion).
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Skin:Refreshed (live example at
http://en.brickimedia.org)

We're also working on a skin based on Google's Material Design. This skin
is still in its early stages of development though.
https://github.com/codyn329/Material

George

On Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 10:33 AM Ad Strack van Schijndel <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Are you sure this is a good advice?
>
> None of the skins that were mentioned as good options are on that page.
> Some of the extensions that are on that page are definitely not
> modern-looking or aesthetically attractive.
>

> Op 6 okt. 2015, om 16:19 heeft Isarra Yos <[hidden email]> het
> volgende geschreven:
>
> If you want to use an existing skin, all_skins is a bit flakey; you'll
> probably want to looks specifically at
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Skins_in_Wikimedia_version_control
> as these are the ones that are likely to consistently be supported since we
> can actually go through and update them when there are core changes.
>
> On 05/10/15 18:56, Thomas Mulhall wrote:
> > Hi that skin does look nice maybe they could backport the skin to
> mediawiki. But anyways heres a list of all skins avalible for mediawiki
> > https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:All_skins
> > There are probably more skins we are not aware of but those are a list
> of skins.
> > I think you may want to trial which skin looks modern to you. Probaly
> change the skin each day and decide which one you like.
> >

> >      On Monday, 5 October 2015, 19:51, Pine W <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
> >
> >  Hi folks,
> >
> > I'm wondering if there are any MediaWiki skins that would make the
> > cascadia.wiki site look a bit more modern, something like
> wikimedia.org.bd.
> > Any sugguestions?
> >
> > Pine

Re: Request for modern-looking and aesthetically attractive MediaWiki skins

Isarra Yos
You are welcome to document maintained skins in other version control,
especially if they are ones you would prefer yourself.

On 06/10/15 14:32, Ad Strack van Schijndel wrote:

> Are you sure this is a good advice?
>
> None of the skins that were mentioned as good options are on that page. Some of the extensions that are on that page are definitely not modern-looking or aesthetically attractive.
>

> Op 6 okt. 2015, om 16:19 heeft Isarra Yos <[hidden email]> het volgende geschreven:
>
> If you want to use an existing skin, all_skins is a bit flakey; you'll probably want to looks specifically at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:Skins_in_Wikimedia_version_control as these are the ones that are likely to consistently be supported since we can actually go through and update them when there are core changes.
>
> On 05/10/15 18:56, Thomas Mulhall wrote:
>> Hi that skin does look nice maybe they could backport the skin to mediawiki. But anyways heres a list of all skins avalible for mediawiki
>> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Category:All_skins
>> There are probably more skins we are not aware of but those are a list of skins.
>> I think you may want to trial which skin looks modern to you. Probaly change the skin each day and decide which one you like.
>>

>>       On Monday, 5 October 2015, 19:51, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>   Hi folks,
>>
>> I'm wondering if there are any MediaWiki skins that would make the
>> cascadia.wiki site look a bit more modern, something like wikimedia.org.bd.
>> Any sugguestions?
>>
>> Pine

[MediaWiki-l] Collection extension

Poopak Alaeifar
Hi All,
Is there anyway to have the collection extension installed on mediawiki 1.23 , I need an extension that i can export all the pages of my mediawiki as PDF or something that i can print all the pages .
Regards,Poopak

Re: Collection extension

Benjamin Lees
You can choose which version of the extension to download:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Special:ExtensionDistributor/Collection