Quantcast

[MediaWiki-l] Setting up a MediaWiki installation on Azure or AWS

[MediaWiki-l] Setting up a MediaWiki installation on Azure or AWS

Pine W
Hello,

Has anyone set up a MediaWiki installation on Azure or AWS? It's possible
that I'll set up a new MediaWiki installation this summer, and using Azure
or AWS are possible, so I'd be interested to hear about others'
experiences. Links to relevant blog posts or other resources would be of
interest.

Thanks,

Pine

Re: Setting up a MediaWiki installation on Azure or AWS

nischay nahata
Hi,

I have few installations on AWS. Its fairly simple, you can get a Ubuntu
instance and install basic LAMP stack and proceed with MediaWiki
installation afterwards.

Here's one of the various tutorials to install LAMP stack.

https://www.howtoforge.com/tutorial/install-apache-with-php-and-mysql-on-ubuntu-16-04-lamp/#get-mysql-mariadb-support-in-php

Regards,
Nischay Nahata

On Fri, Apr 21, 2017 at 10:56 PM, Pine W <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Has anyone set up a MediaWiki installation on Azure or AWS? It's possible
> that I'll set up a new MediaWiki installation this summer, and using Azure
> or AWS are possible, so I'd be interested to hear about others'
> experiences. Links to relevant blog posts or other resources would be of
> interest.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Pine

Re: Setting up a MediaWiki installation on Azure or AWS

Pine W
Thanks!

Pine