[MediaWiki-l] Single server multiple wikis

[MediaWiki-l] Single server multiple wikis

Pramod Anugu
I have a server with bitnami mediawiki installed on Windows 2008 Server and would like to have multiple wikis running on the same server with different upload files folder. Please advise.

Re: Single server multiple wikis

WJhonson
Why would that be a problem?
Could you not install the software again in a different directory?

I have a server with bitnami mediawiki installed on Windows 2008 Server and
would like to have multiple wikis running on the same server with different
upload files folder. Please advise.

Re: Single server multiple wikis

Daniel Renfro-3
Hello  "[hidden email]",

As stated previously, one solution is to install MediaWiki separately multiple times. However, this is probably not what you want -- I imagine that you would like to have multiple wikis powered from one code-base. This is colloquially referred to as a "wiki family" and there are number of solutions. I suggest reading the following documentation page on Mediawiki.org:
     https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Wiki_family

One of these might suit your needs. Also, you might be interested in these extensions:
* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:WikiFarm
* https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Simple_Farm
I have never used these extensions and do not know of their reliability.

Cheers,
--Daniel (User:DanielRenfro)

Could you not install the software again in a different directory?

I have a server with bitnami mediawiki installed on Windows 2008 Server and would like to have multiple wikis running on the same server with different upload files folder. Please advise.

Re: Single server multiple wikis

Pramod Anugu
If install the software again i would have to maintain number of
databases as the number of wikis. I am looking for one software
installation with multiple wikis and mutliple uploads.

On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Wjhonson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Why would that be a problem?
> Could you not install the software again in a different directory?

Jonathan Aquilina
I think said person wants one DB for multiple wiki installs.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:18 AM, pramod.r.anugu <[hidden email]>wrote:

> If install the software again i would have to maintain number of
> databases as the number of wikis. I am looking for one software
> installation with multiple wikis and mutliple uploads.
>
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Wjhonson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Why would that be a problem?
> > Could you not install the software again in a different directory?

Ed Swing-2
You should be able to install the database in one location outside of the wiki PHP directories. Then just provide the database information (with a different table prefix for each wiki). I have this setup on my server, and it works fine.

I think said person wants one DB for multiple wiki installs.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:18 AM, pramod.r.anugu <[hidden email]>wrote:

> If install the software again i would have to maintain number of
> databases as the number of wikis. I am looking for one software
> installation with multiple wikis and mutliple uploads.
>
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Wjhonson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Why would that be a problem?
> > Could you not install the software again in a different directory?

Could you send the step by step instructions since you setup the server.

You should be able to install the database in one location outside of the wiki PHP directories. Then just provide the database information (with a different table prefix for each wiki). I have this setup on my server, and it works fine.

I think said person wants one DB for multiple wiki installs.

On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 2:18 AM, pramod.r.anugu <[hidden email]>wrote:

> If install the software again i would have to maintain number of
> databases as the number of wikis. I am looking for one software
> installation with multiple wikis and mutliple uploads.
>
> On Fri, Oct 18, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Wjhonson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Why would that be a problem?
> > Could you not install the software again in a different directory?

Gerente de Sistemas
remove