[MediaWiki-l] Status of sitemap generators

[MediaWiki-l] Status of sitemap generators

Jean Valjean
Did anyone ever fix the sitemap generator maintenance script, after it
broke in v1.16? See
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:GenerateSitemap.php

I put my sitemap index file into google and it found the .xml.gz files in
that directory but gave me "Invalid URL" errors for each one. So I ran
DaSch's alternative script and got Fatal error: Call to undefined method
MWNamespace::isMain() on line 248.

If it's just looking to see if we're in namespace 0, that should be trivial
to hack, but I just wanted to see what the status of MediaWiki sitemap tool
development is at this point before pursuing that. Thanks.

Re: Status of sitemap generators

kghbln
Heiya Jean,

you may use the script provided out of the box by MediaWiki now. Do
something like:

php generateSitemap.php --quiet --memory-limit=50M
--fspath=/var/www/htdocs/examplecom/w/ --identifier=examplecom
--urlpath=https://www.example.com/w --server=https://www.example.com
--compress=yes

No issues with Google here

Cheers Karsten

Am 12.07.2017 um 18:41 schrieb Jean Valjean:

> Did anyone ever fix the sitemap generator maintenance script, after it
> broke in v1.16? See
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:GenerateSitemap.php
>
> I put my sitemap index file into google and it found the .xml.gz files in
> that directory but gave me "Invalid URL" errors for each one. So I ran
> DaSch's alternative script and got Fatal error: Call to undefined method
> MWNamespace::isMain() on line 248.
>
> If it's just looking to see if we're in namespace 0, that should be trivial
> to hack, but I just wanted to see what the status of MediaWiki sitemap tool
> development is at this point before pursuing that. Thanks.

Re: Status of sitemap generators

Jean Valjean
Thanks Karsten, that worked fine. Although I wonder why it didn't work with
the default settings (i.e. without any parameters). I would've thought that
it should've been able to get all the configuration information it needed
from LocalSettings.php?