[MediaWiki-l] Tables in #info tooltips text

[MediaWiki-l] Tables in #info tooltips text

Jethro Waanders
We use tooltips with the fields in the MediaWiki forms using #info
<https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Adding_tooltips> tooltips.
Now we want to use tables in the tooltip text. Manual page says it's not
possible ("There is limited support for wikitext formatting such as bold,
italics and internal links. No paragraphs, tables, lists or any other
*block* elements are allowed"). Is there another way to do this?

Thanks for your reply.

Cheers, Jethro

[MediaWiki-l] Fwd: Tables in #info tooltips text

kghbln
Hi Jethro,

instead of using wikitext you could try to add html. Did not test this.

Cheers Karsten

Betreff: [MediaWiki-l] Tables in #info tooltips text

Re: Tables in #info tooltips text

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
This reminds me of a thread here
https://www.reddit.com/r/mediawiki/comments/72l8oj/tooltip_extension_with_wiki_markup/
Possibly the template-based examples that are linked in comments might
help. Not sure though.

On Thu, Jul 12, 2018 at 6:38 AM Jethro Waanders <[hidden email]> wrote:

> We use tooltips with the fields in the MediaWiki forms using #info
> <https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Adding_tooltips> tooltips.
> Now we want to use tables in the tooltip text. Manual page says it's not
> possible ("There is limited support for wikitext formatting such as bold,
> italics and internal links. No paragraphs, tables, lists or any other
> *block* elements are allowed"). Is there another way to do this?
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Cheers, Jethro

Nick Wilson (Quiddity)
Community Liaison, Wikimedia Foundation