[MediaWiki-l] The migration of the Database left some contents out

[MediaWiki-l] The migration of the Database left some contents out

Nordik
Hi!!

I recently migrated a MediaWiki, files and database. The contents (DB)
were migrated well except for one detail: All contents starting with
"WikiRioDoce:" were not migrated.
WikiRioDoce is not officially a NameSpace, but I have it used to specify
a content type.

You can see here: http://wikiriodoce.org/
Examples of these contents:
-WikiRioDoce:Bem-vindo
- WikiRIoDoce:Sobre
- WikiRioDoce:Explorar
- etc etc

I already tried again and the same thing. All contents except those with
the name "WikiRioDoce: ...." are migrated.

A curious detail: The links to those pages appear in red, but in the
search engine the names of the pages appear, even in blue, but when they
enter they do not exist!

---
The methodology I used was:

Server1 -> Server2
MW 1.26 -> 1.29

The migration of the Database was:
Server1: Export with phpMyAdmin in SQL file.
Server2: Import with SSH command: mysql -u user_db -p name_db <file_db.sql

At the end of the migration I ran the following command to update the
database:
>> "php maintenance / update.php"
And worked properly!

Any ideas that may be failing?

---
Thanks!! Hugs!

Nordik.-

Re: The migration of the Database left some contents out

Nordik
In the special page "Special: AllPages"
( http://wikiriodoce.org/Especial:Todas_as_páginas )

all these pages appear, in blue still, but when they enter they say they
have no content!

Curious...

Nordik.-

Em 10/08/2017 00:27, Nordik escreveu:

> Hi!!
>
> I recently migrated a MediaWiki, files and database. The contents (DB)
> were migrated well except for one detail: All contents starting with
> "WikiRioDoce:" were not migrated.
> WikiRioDoce is not officially a NameSpace, but I have it used to specify
> a content type.
>
> You can see here: http://wikiriodoce.org/
> Examples of these contents:
> -WikiRioDoce:Bem-vindo
> - WikiRIoDoce:Sobre
> - WikiRioDoce:Explorar
> - etc etc
>
> I already tried again and the same thing. All contents except those with
> the name "WikiRioDoce: ...." are migrated.
>
> A curious detail: The links to those pages appear in red, but in the
> search engine the names of the pages appear, even in blue, but when they
> enter they do not exist!
>
> ---
> The methodology I used was:
>
> Server1 -> Server2
> MW 1.26 -> 1.29
>
> The migration of the Database was:
> Server1: Export with phpMyAdmin in SQL file.
> Server2: Import with SSH command: mysql -u user_db -p name_db <file_db.sql
>
> At the end of the migration I ran the following command to update the
> database:
>>> "php maintenance / update.php"
> And worked properly!
>
> Any ideas that may be failing?
>

> ---
> Thanks!! Hugs!
>
> Nordik.-

Re: The migration of the Database left some contents out

Brian Wolff
Its because the project: namespace is wikiRioDoce in the new wiki (but
presumably not in the old).

Run the namespaceDupes.php maintenance script

--
brian

On Wednesday, August 9, 2017, Nordik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In the special page "Special: AllPages"
> ( http://wikiriodoce.org/Especial:Todas_as_páginas )
>
> all these pages appear, in blue still, but when they enter they say they
> have no content!
>
> Curious...
>
> Nordik.-
>
> Em 10/08/2017 00:27, Nordik escreveu:
>> Hi!!
>>
>> I recently migrated a MediaWiki, files and database. The contents (DB)
>> were migrated well except for one detail: All contents starting with
>> "WikiRioDoce:" were not migrated.
>> WikiRioDoce is not officially a NameSpace, but I have it used to specify
>> a content type.
>>
>> You can see here: http://wikiriodoce.org/
>> Examples of these contents:
>> -WikiRioDoce:Bem-vindo
>> - WikiRIoDoce:Sobre
>> - WikiRioDoce:Explorar
>> - etc etc
>>
>> I already tried again and the same thing. All contents except those with
>> the name "WikiRioDoce: ...." are migrated.
>>
>> A curious detail: The links to those pages appear in red, but in the
>> search engine the names of the pages appear, even in blue, but when they
>> enter they do not exist!
>>
>> ---
>> The methodology I used was:
>>
>> Server1 -> Server2
>> MW 1.26 -> 1.29
>>
>> The migration of the Database was:
>> Server1: Export with phpMyAdmin in SQL file.
>> Server2: Import with SSH command: mysql -u user_db -p name_db
<file_db.sql

>> At the end of the migration I ran the following command to update the
>> database:
>> And worked properly!
>>
>> Any ideas that may be failing?
>>

>> ---
>> Thanks!! Hugs!
>>
>> Nordik.-

Re: The migration of the Database left some contents out

Nordik
Thanks Brian for your help! This was! =)

First I ran the maintenance script namespaceDupes.php but it was not
resolved.

$wgMetaNamespace = "WikiRioDoce" to $wgMetaNamespace = "Wiki_RioDoce"

and started work fine! =)

Thank you! Good life!