[MediaWiki-l] Transcluding only parts of a page, but specified in template?

[MediaWiki-l] Transcluding only parts of a page, but specified in template?

Al Johnson
Hi,

Is there a way to specify from a template what parts of a page get transcluded?  IOW, I want the caller to specify what is transcluded rather than using <includeonly>, etc., tags.

Thanks,
Al

Re: Transcluding only parts of a page, but specified in template?

Brion Vibber
On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 3:27 PM, Al Johnson wrote:

> Is there a way to specify from a template what parts of a page get
> transcluded?  IOW, I want the caller to specify what is transcluded rather
> than using <includeonly>, etc., tags.

This may be what you're looking for:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Labeled_Section_Transclusion

-- brion

Re: Transcluding only parts of a page, but specified in template?

Al Johnson
Perfect!  Have a great day!