[MediaWiki-l] Transclusion from private wiki

Bri

[MediaWiki-l] Transclusion from private wiki

Bri
Greetings!
I am trying to do tranclusion form one private wiki of mine to another
(so that I do not have to duplicate pages between wikis). However, when
I try it is requiring a Log In.

Does anyone know a means of transclusion with log on info?

-Bri

Re: Transclusion from private wiki

Chad
On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Bri <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Greetings!
> I am trying to do tranclusion form one private wiki of mine to another (so
> that I do not have to duplicate pages between wikis). However, when I try it
> is requiring a Log In.
>
> Does anyone know a means of transclusion with log on info?

No, there is no way to do authenticated interwiki transclusion. The
feature (as written) requires that the target wiki be readable to
anonymous users.

-Chad

Bri

On 2/28/2013 5:14 PM, Chad wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Bri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Greetings!
>> I am trying to do tranclusion form one private wiki of mine to another (so
>> that I do not have to duplicate pages between wikis). However, when I try it
>> is requiring a Log In.
>>
>> Does anyone know a means of transclusion with log on info?
>>
> No, there is no way to do authenticated interwiki transclusion. The
> feature (as written) requires that the target wiki be readable to
> anonymous users.
>
> -Chad

Thank you for the quick response!

-Brian

Re: Transclusion from private wiki

thingles
You could fairly easily write a bot to copy the pages from one wiki to the other on a regular basis, thus avoiding the need for transclusion but still having one copy to maintain.
Jamie Thingelstad
[hidden email]
mobile: 612-810-3699
find me on AIM Twitter Facebook LinkedIn

On Feb 28, 2013, at 7:21 PM, Bri <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On 2/28/2013 5:14 PM, Chad wrote:
>> On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:12 PM, Bri <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Greetings!
>>> I am trying to do tranclusion form one private wiki of mine to another (so
>>> that I do not have to duplicate pages between wikis). However, when I try it
>>> is requiring a Log In.
>>>
>>> Does anyone know a means of transclusion with log on info?
>>>
>> No, there is no way to do authenticated interwiki transclusion. The
>> feature (as written) requires that the target wiki be readable to
>> anonymous users.
>>
>> -Chad

> Thank you for the quick response!
>
> -Brian

Re: Transclusion from private wiki

Jeroen De Dauw-2
Hey,

There is also the Push extension [0] which is there to facilitate pushing
pages from one wiki (ie a private one) to another (ie a public one).

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:Push

Cheers

--
Jeroen De Dauw