[MediaWiki-l] URLs to Uploaded Files are Being Unintentionally Redirected

[MediaWiki-l] URLs to Uploaded Files are Being Unintentionally Redirected

Jordan Barden
Hello all:

I have a MediaWiki installation--viewable at
"http://www.alecexposed.org/"--that
is running MediaWiki 1.27.1, PHP 5.6.27 and MySQL 5.1.56, and have come
across a couple of issues that have me stumped.

1. The URLs to some of the uploaded files are redirecting improperly when
accessed without the "www." prefix. For example, when I click on
http://alecexposed.org/w/images/c/c8/1R10-Right_to_Work_Act_Exposed.pdf,
the "www." prefix is appended, as intended, but the "w/images/" portion is
being stripped from the URL.

I have no clue why this is happening, given the current .htaccess file, the
contents of which follow:

RewriteEngine On

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^alecexposed\.org$ [NC]

RewriteRule ^(.*)$ http://www.alecexposed.org/$1 [L,R=301]

RewriteRule ^/?wiki/(.*)$ /w/index.php?title=$1 [PT,L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^/?wiki/*$ /w/index.php [L,QSA]

RewriteRule ^/*$ /w/index.php [L,QSA]

2. Additionally, it appears that some of the uploaded files are not
searchable within the list of uploaded files (
http://www.alecexposed.org/wiki/Special:ListFiles), despite the fact that
they do appear in the list. I ran rebuildtextindex.php to rebuild the
search index but it did not fix the problem.

I'm not sure if these two issues are related or it's just a coincidence
that they are occurring simultaneously.

Any assistance you can give me is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
--
Jordan Barden
Junior Webmaster | The Center for Media and Democracy