[MediaWiki-l] Updating a Wiki page

Lincoln, Markice
Hello,

I am trying to update my company's Wiki page to the latest update you have (1.32.0). There is a download file but I need some assistance on how to execute the download. I read through the guide but still a  little confused. Is this something you could assist me with?

I contacted another department that directed me here, see referenced [Ticket#2019021810008303]

Re: Updating a Wiki page

Greg Rundlett (freephile)
Hi Markice,

On this list you can find volunteer help from the MediaWiki community. You
can also find help at https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Project:Support_desk
(with links to even more like IRC)

For upgrading your wiki, the documentation can be found at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading That can be a bit
confusing, so if you're stuck on a particular step, just provide details.

How are you using MediaWiki at Comcast?  If you need professional help,
there are consultants like me that are active in the community too.

Greg Rundlett
https://eQuality-Tech.com
https://freephile.org

On Wed, Feb 20, 2019 at 8:26 AM Lincoln, Markice <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am trying to update my company's Wiki page to the latest update you have
> (1.32.0). There is a download file but I need some assistance on how to
> execute the download. I read through the guide but still a  little
> confused. Is this something you could assist me with?
>
> I contacted another department that directed me here, see referenced
> [Ticket#2019021810008303]

Re: Updating a Wiki page

Manuela

I propose following procedure: create a copy of your Wiki-database, download
the new version into a seperate folder of your webserver (don't forget all
the extensions you are using in your Wiki). Copy the image-folder into your
new Wiki. Copy LocalSettings.php from old Wiki to new Wiki. Change the
database in the LocalSettings.php to the copy of your database.

Call home-of-new-wiki/mw-config (the adresse of the new Wiki) and follow the
instructions, this will upgrade the database to the new version.

If you are using a Windows server be aware that syntax highlight extension
will not work properly any more due to this problem
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Ugtwpe4lyuly6q98

--
Sent from: http://mediawiki-i.429.n8.nabble.com/