[MediaWiki-l] Users report blank pages

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

[MediaWiki-l] Users report blank pages

Peter Presland
I have a problem being reported by some users as follows:

"The page loads and displays briefly but then goes blank"

It seems to apply to all pages and so is probably not connected with the
complex use of tab strips on the home page.
https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Main_Page
Rather some kind of global setting.

There is a SMW upgrade progressing atm but otherwise the site is working
normally.

Any suggestions / pointers greatly appreciated


Peter Presland


_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
To unsubscribe, go to:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Users report blank pages

Andre Klapper-2
On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 18:01 +0100, Peter Presland wrote:
> "The page loads and displays briefly but then goes blank"

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Errors_and_symptoms#You_see_a_Blank_Page

Maybe also inspect CSS via the web browser's Developer Tools.

Offtopic: wikispooks.org is running an old unsupported insecure MW
version, so there are bigger problems to solve than blank pages.
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading

andre
--
Andre Klapper | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/



_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
To unsubscribe, go to:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
eQT
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Users report blank pages

eQT
Looking at the output from Chrome DevTools
<https://developers.google.com/web/tools/chrome-devtools/>, you have a
problem with
the function 'hookEvent' not being defined, and a series of jQuery errors
relating to appending a new document element.

hth,

Greg

eQuality Technology

*Let's work together*

https://equality-tech.com
follow us: https://twitter.com/eQualityTech
*creators of https://QualityBox.us <https://QualityBox.us> *


On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 1:21 PM Andre Klapper <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> On Mon, 2019-06-17 at 18:01 +0100, Peter Presland wrote:
> > "The page loads and displays briefly but then goes blank"
>
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Errors_and_symptoms#You_see_a_Blank_Page
>
> Maybe also inspect CSS via the web browser's Developer Tools.
>
> Offtopic: wikispooks.org is running an old unsupported insecure MW
> version, so there are bigger problems to solve than blank pages.
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Upgrading
>
> andre
> --
> Andre Klapper | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
> https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> MediaWiki-l mailing list
> To unsubscribe, go to:
> https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
>
_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
To unsubscribe, go to:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Users report blank pages

Bartosz Dziewoński
In reply to this post by Peter Presland
Looks like this problem to me:

https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader/Migration_guide_(users)#Avoid_document.write()

--
Bartosz Dziewoński

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
To unsubscribe, go to:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Users report blank pages

sabretache
Thanks Bartosz and others who replied

It was indeed a resource loader migration issue. Suitable changes to
Common.js fixed it.

Peter Presland

On 17/06/2019 19:25, Bartosz Dziewoński wrote:
> Looks like this problem to me:
>
> https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/ResourceLoader/Migration_guide_(users)#Avoid_document.write()
>
>

_______________________________________________
MediaWiki-l mailing list
To unsubscribe, go to:
https://lists.wikimedia.org/mailman/listinfo/mediawiki-l